Looking for Feedback on 'Vehicle Protection Package'

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
I'm deposited for a Trailhunter going back to early August '23 and looking at early build sheets roll in on Toyota's website for some of the THs. The one line-item added cost that I'm eying is the Vehicle Protection Package $998
Clear bra, Theft Protection, 1 year Zurich paint protection, and 1 year Zurich key replacement.

Theft protection as in anti-theft wheel lugs? Is the underside spare lock included?

Feedback on the paint protection? Looks like it's for the exterior only, no interiors seats protection? Anyone read the fine print/warranty with this add-on charge? Anyone able to remove this package during allocation/build phase w/their dealer?
Sponsored

Nuke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Highlander Platinum
Profit! Is there any way you can possibly decline it? Strange, how these add-on's vary by region, as I have not seen this in our area (West/Idaho)

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
You should be able to ask for the contract for each of those items and on that contract it should state that it is optional and can be declined.

Regardless, I wouldn't buy it and negotiate it off.

dhzion

First Name
DH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Get 100% documentation/evidence of anything they say they already put on. Defiantly decline anything you don't want that's not already on and/or removable.

I heavily objected to 'IKON connect' on my price sheet for $600 and was told it was already installed and couldn't come off. Get the contract and right in the middle of it it says that it's not required for vehicle purchase. IKON connect is a tracking/data transmission device like Lojack that has significant overlap with the Toyota app. I think dealers are stuck in contracts with these things that now have overlap with the Toyota app and are trying to push them to fulfill those contracts. Getting my money back.

I bought the 'windshield warranty' for $800 which is not a windshield warranty at all, but a warranty on a windshield protection product that the dealer supposedly applied for free in the hopes it would be warrantied. Zero evidence at all that it was applied. When I asked the warranty company how they handle no evidence that it was applied they were stumped, but ultimately said they would likely just take the dealers word for it..... Getting my money back.

You gotta watch them and the addon/price sheet like a hawk.
Sponsored