OneLapofAmerica 2024

tomfree

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra 3.0 Premium
It's that time again! I'm leaving for OLOA on Thursday afternoon. The car is unchanged, other than the tires. I'm running the Bridgestone RE71RS this year, vs the Conti ECS02 that I ran last year. I'm about 90% ready to go right now, and that last 10% can be done in about 10 minutes. Can I skip out on work? Puhleeeeze?

For those who have followed along in previous years, I've blogged/vlogged on a team FB page that I'll be using again: https://www.facebook.com/midenginecrisis . The page itself has been rebranded for my co-driver's team name, Unicorn Racing, but it still the same old URL. For those of you that aren't FB users, the videos will be posted on my YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEhv2VF__Qdw9oKejsrWwXg

My co-driver flew out from CO last weekend and we ran a Saturday DE with SCCA at good old Summit Pt to give him some time in the car before the event. I ran into @Rocksandblues for a second as well. It turned out to be very OLOA-like weather, as we had everything from cold and wet to reasonably dry in the span of a few hours. In the really rainy session with plenty of rivers and ponding, the RE71RS was excellent. In my final dry session, I was starting to get comfortable pushing the car on a drying track, but the reality is that we're not coming anywhere close to what the tires can do in the dry. We'll mess around with pressures a bit more to find a happy place.

Here's the schedule:
5/4 - Wet Skidpad @ Tire Rack HQ (South Bend, IN)
5/5 - Motorsports Park Hastings, Time Trials 1 & 2 (Hastings, NE)
5/6 - High Plains Raceway, Time Trials 3 & 4 (Deer Pk, CO)
5/7 - Hedge Hollow Raceway, Time Trials 5 & 6 (Garden City, MO)
5/8 - Natl Corvette Museum, Time Trials 7 & 8 & autocross (Bowling Green, KY)
5/9 - Pitt Race, Time Trials 9 & 10 (Big Beaver, PA)
5/9 - Quaker City Drags, Low ET and bracket races, (Salem, OH)
5/10 - Putnam Park Raceway, Time Trials 11 & 12 (Greencastle, IN)
5/11 - Dry Skidpad @ Tire Rack HQ (South Bend, IN)
Sponsored

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
good luck! I had intentions on doing it this year with Gino Manley as my co-driver, but we lost track of time and resources.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
It's that time again! I'm leaving for OLOA on Thursday afternoon. The car is unchanged, other than the tires. I'm running the Bridgestone RE71RS this year, vs the Conti ECS02 that I ran last year. I'm about 90% ready to go right now, and that last 10% can be done in about 10 minutes. Can I skip out on work? Puhleeeeze?

For those who have followed along in previous years, I've blogged/vlogged on a team FB page that I'll be using again: https://www.facebook.com/midenginecrisis . The page itself has been rebranded for my co-driver's team name, Unicorn Racing, but it still the same old URL. For those of you that aren't FB users, the videos will be posted on my YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEhv2VF__Qdw9oKejsrWwXg

My co-driver flew out from CO last weekend and we ran a Saturday DE with SCCA at good old Summit Pt to give him some time in the car before the event. I ran into @Rocksandblues for a second as well. It turned out to be very OLOA-like weather, as we had everything from cold and wet to reasonably dry in the span of a few hours. In the really rainy session with plenty of rivers and ponding, the RE71RS was excellent. In my final dry session, I was starting to get comfortable pushing the car on a drying track, but the reality is that we're not coming anywhere close to what the tires can do in the dry. We'll mess around with pressures a bit more to find a happy place.

Here's the schedule:
5/4 - Wet Skidpad @ Tire Rack HQ (South Bend, IN)
5/5 - Motorsports Park Hastings, Time Trials 1 & 2 (Hastings, NE)
5/6 - High Plains Raceway, Time Trials 3 & 4 (Deer Pk, CO)
5/7 - Hedge Hollow Raceway, Time Trials 5 & 6 (Garden City, MO)
5/8 - Natl Corvette Museum, Time Trials 7 & 8 & autocross (Bowling Green, KY)
5/9 - Pitt Race, Time Trials 9 & 10 (Big Beaver, PA)
5/9 - Quaker City Drags, Low ET and bracket races, (Salem, OH)
5/10 - Putnam Park Raceway, Time Trials 11 & 12 (Greencastle, IN)
5/11 - Dry Skidpad @ Tire Rack HQ (South Bend, IN)

Have fun! It is most grueling traveling between venues and getting sleep. Will be following!