SPL install tips

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
I'm lowered with springs on a full SPL setup, and getting chassis codes from the FLCA ride height sensor. :/ The sensor arm is at the proper angle with the arm pointing downwards at the "elbow" joint, but the new mount point that sits on the threaded end of the FLCA must not be quite right. So the overall angle of the arm going into the sensor must not be quite right.

I can and will screw around with it but the chassis code is intermittent. Has anyone had this issue, and has a fix to recommend?
Sponsored

Oodis

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 MT GR Supra
How to install SPL parts:

Step 1: take product out of package
Step 2: put product in trash

Been through so many trash bearings on them. Canā€™t wait to get rid of all of them.

garbage
Yeah if i was to have my time again i would use verkline, why basically they have larger spherical joints then SPL (not all components though).
The main issues i have are the FLCA and the issues that SPL have even noted them selves, look at verkline sphericals compared to SPL it really does effect how much angle you can get safely with out the sphericals going out of range and the tie rod ends move from the locked settings due to the stupid alloy locking screws which can only be torqued to 16NM.

Im sure if SPL went back to the drawing board and updated their products to be more durable for race applications they they would be on the money again, I can not complain about their customer service though as they have helped me out and replaced parts free of charge including shipping to sunny olde OZ at no cost to me, just missed race meets waiting for the snail mail to arrive.

Dont get me wrong they still do the job but there are better components available.

my 2 cents

Cheers

Oodis

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 MT GR Supra
I'm lowered with springs on a full SPL setup, and getting chassis codes from the FLCA ride height sensor. :/ The sensor arm is at the proper angle with the arm pointing downwards at the "elbow" joint, but the new mount point that sits on the threaded end of the FLCA must not be quite right. So the overall angle of the arm going into the sensor must not be quite right.

I can and will screw around with it but the chassis code is intermittent. Has anyone had this issue, and has a fix to recommend?
Bloke,

Have you corrected your roll centre?

Cheers