Toyota free track day and NASA membership

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I am really bummed out I missed out on my free track day in 2021 when I purchased the car. I was diagnosed with bladder cancer about 5 weeks after I bought the car and spent the rest of 2021 fighting it.

I'm making up for it now though as I just booked my 6th track day for this season with SCDA. I'd like to do at least 10 events this year.

I will look into NASA events around me as well.
Glad to hear you got through that!

Which SCDA events are you going to? I track with SCDA a lot. Let me know which events and I'll try to make some!
Sponsored

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 VW Tiguan, 2007 Cayman
@razorlab I'm going to the car control clinic on March 25th at LRP (on DWS-06+ lol), then a novice track day on May 12th, and another car control clinic on August 12th. I'll be at Thompson on June 10th, and July 22nd (if they're able to change it to Saturday). I'm probably going to do Palmer with Mass Tuning this summer too but I haven't signed up for anything yet.

OP
OP
FLtrackdays

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I am really bummed out I missed out on my free track day in 2021 when I purchased the car. I was diagnosed with bladder cancer about 5 weeks after I bought the car and spent the rest of 2021 fighting it.

I'm making up for it now though as I just booked my 6th track day for this season with SCDA. I'd like to do at least 10 events this year.

I will look into NASA events around me as well.
So glad you fought through that and are making up for it now 😍 You are absolutely going to love the car even more after tracking her! Keep up the good fight đŸ’ȘđŸŒ

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
@razorlab I'm going to the car control clinic on March 25th at LRP (on DWS-06+ lol), then a novice track day on May 12th, and another car control clinic on August 12th. I'll be at Thompson on June 10th, and July 22nd (if they're able to change it to Saturday). I'm probably going to do Palmer with Mass Tuning this summer too but I haven't signed up for anything yet.
Awesome! I might come by on March 25th. I haven't signed up for May 12th yet but probably will.

So far, I have these days booked, but plan on adding more Lime Rock. I did 20 days last year. I'll probably do slightly less this year.

Palmer: Apr 2, Apr 22/23, May 21
Lime Rock: Jun 9/10
Thompson: Jun 11

Marsone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ISF, FRS
My packet came in today. Now to pick a track. I've already done Road Atlanta, AMP, and I have Barber in April...

Homestead? HMMMM

(im in Atlanta so I'm not wanting to travel toooooo far)
You’re lucky to have RA as a home track. That course is so friggin’ good.
if You’re willing to do homestead, you should try Sebring. An oldie, but goodie.

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
You’re lucky to have RA as a home track. That course is so friggin’ good.
if You’re willing to do homestead, you should try Sebring. An oldie, but goodie.
I'd rather not lose balljoints to Sebrings bumpiness.

OP
OP
FLtrackdays

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I'd rather not lose balljoints to Sebrings bumpiness.
It’s funny, I met a guy that just moved from Ohio to Naples, FL. Had a nice Porsche. Anyway, he said Sebring will now be his home track. I asked him if he broke anything lol. He said it was no where near its reputation and way more fun than he expected. I’d say that’s a pretty good assessment.

It’s also flat. So you or family can go up in the grandstands and see the whole damn thing. No purdy mountains or hills blocking the view of the entire track. This past weekend, my wife drove some of the inner track & bridges. Went to some of the far ends of the track. Said it was fun watching from different spots.

There is also an airport connected to this massive former WWII military airbase. There was a helicopter show going on at the same time. Pretty cool seeing all the choppers flying & diving around the track while driving. They have lots of events there as well. And we thought this was an expensive sport 😂

Oh
. we just had the 12 Hours of Sebring. A few LMP cars and prototypes were still lingering about. There’s always stuff going on. I think you (or anyone else considering it) will find it well worth it.
Sponsored

Last edited: