WTB: Dinan exhaust for 3.0

CFactor

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
IMG_1835.jpeg
Just installed mine today. So far itā€™s great.

Comfort mode is noticeable, not obnoxious. No pops or bangs so definitely good for a quiet entry into the driveway etc.

Sport mode is much more aggressive than comfort. Itā€™s right on the line of being too loud for me which is perfect IMO. When Iā€™m in sport I want it to be rowdy.

Both modes sound much deeper than OEM.

I definitely feel like thereā€™s more of a changeover between comfort and sport with the DINAN vs the changeover with OEM.

EDIT - after a few days with the exhaust the ONE thing I wish is the startup was quieter. It's a bit loud for the neighborhood (not something you want to crank up at night if you don't want to annoy neighbors).

Last edited:
OP
OP
kungfujedis

kungfujedis

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra MT, 2013 WRX
Hmmmm....I think maybe you hate it and want to sell it to me at a deep discount.... :cool:

Dinan_Engineering

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dinancars.com
Car(s)
GR Supra 2.0, 2x GR Supra 3.0's and countless BMWs
OP
OP
kungfujedis

kungfujedis

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra MT, 2013 WRX
Memorial day sale just dropped so get yourself a new one. Go ahead, treat yourself. =)
Nice! What's the sale, or how does it work? At a glance the price looks the same as before. (Looks like maybe its just black tips on sale?)

Also, it says shipping estimated in August. I don't mind waiting, but Ill be traveling on and off this summer, I don't want it arriving while I'm out of town. Anyway to check that I'm ready to receive when it is going to ship?

OP
OP
kungfujedis

kungfujedis

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra MT, 2013 WRX
IMG_1835.jpeg

Comfort mode is noticeable, not obnoxious. No pops or bangs so definitely good for a quiet entry into the driveway etc.

Sport mode is much more aggressive than comfort. Itā€™s right on the line of being too loud for me which is perfect IMO. When Iā€™m in sport I want it to be rowdy.

I definitely feel like thereā€™s more of a changeover between comfort and sport with the DINAN vs the changeover with OEM.
My car is white too. Do you have a picture of the exhaust from directly behind the car? I'm trying to decide what I think about the black tips.

CFactor

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
I donā€™t off hand - check the DINAN exhaust thread. Wanna say thereā€™s a white one with some videos that may give you the angle youā€™re looking for.

Dinan_Engineering

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dinancars.com
Car(s)
GR Supra 2.0, 2x GR Supra 3.0's and countless BMWs
Nice! What's the sale, or how does it work? At a glance the price looks the same as before. (Looks like maybe its just black tips on sale?)

Also, it says shipping estimated in August. I don't mind waiting, but Ill be traveling on and off this summer, I don't want it arriving while I'm out of town. Anyway to check that I'm ready to receive when it is going to ship?
Yeah, its just the black tip variant that is on sale. You can give the sales folks a call though and they may be able to do something on the polished. The selection of SKU's is based off the top movers and the polished tip stuff rarely makes the cut as a result (black tips ousell polished 10 to 1 on most platforms).

The polished one is a ways out as we had a bad batch of tips from our supplier and in recent memory it has been difficult to get timely shipments to begin with so we are being cautious with that date on replacements. Hopefully it will get pulled in but wanted to do worst case, just in case. No real good way to ensure that you are ready to recieve before shipping other than placing the order by phone at 1-800-341-5480 and when entering the order the sales team can mark it as 'ship hold.' That way once stock is available it triggers the inquiry on why it is on ship hold, etc.

swrdply400mrelay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Veloster N, 2024 Stratosphere MT

Rasengan

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th Anniversary MT
Out of curiousity, do you sell the tips as a standalone option? If so, how much do they cost?

OP
OP
kungfujedis

kungfujedis

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra MT, 2013 WRX

swrdply400mrelay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Veloster N, 2024 Stratosphere MT
IMG_1835.jpeg

EDIT - after a few days with the exhaust the ONE thing I wish is the startup was quieter. It's a bit loud for the neighborhood (not something you want to crank up at night if you don't want to annoy neighbors).
This is in normal mode?
Sponsored