A91 MT C U Later Grey vs. 45th Anniversary Edition Absolute Zero

kylekay24

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1992 GTR
I’m trying to decide which one to purchase. Obviously the A91 is pre owned but it has low miles and was extremely taken care of so I don’t mind. What do y’all think? Also which color looks better on the Supra? C U Later Grey or Absolute Zero?
Sponsored

Jmanlevan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 MT, '00 4Runner SR5
The CU Later will probably be worth more down the road since that is a limited run color/limited run edition. I haven't seen one in person but the copper flakes in the paint look good from the videos I've seen. However, I am a huge fan of pearl/metallic whites and Absolute zero is gorgeous. Tough choice!

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
The CU Later will probably be worth more down the road since that is a limited run color/limited run edition. I haven't seen one in person but the copper flakes in the paint look good from the videos I've seen. However, I am a huge fan of pearl/metallic whites and Absolute zero is gorgeous. Tough choice!
Just buy a Canadian CU Later where it's not limited and a regular production color.

Bigboss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 civic FK7 sport, supra 3.0 premium
Yeah those colors we got here in america (cu later gray, the orange, etc) as “special editions” are normal colors in most other countries. The japanese hate us lmaoo

Crypto79

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 MT, 1997 sc300 5 Speed
I couldn’t do orange on an already gaudy “look-at-me” car. It’s one thing if it’s a lambo or choice Porsche but I think a reserved look for a special Toyota is the order of the day with the exception of a red. The CUL is a great color that always looks different but most of the other special bits like the red badge and strut bar are on the 45th. I wouldn’t want the all black interior. I went with the 23 A91 but as long as you get a stick you won’t regret it. The 23 A91s are shaping up to be the smallest emission depending on what they do with the final batch next year.

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
My vote is for CY Later. A beautiful color combination imo.

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
I'd get the 45th - no matter what us Supra owners say about colors, in terms of the average consumer looking to buy one at some point down the line, put yourself in their shoes, the one that is called '45th Anniversary Special Edition' will undoubtedly hold more value, because it's rooted in the model name - whether you don't like the color or the spoiler and decals, that's all meaningless chatter, it has no relevance, no one will remember details like which color was available in what year in the US, other than people on this forum, but you will remember the 45th edition.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
I truly don’t feel the type of collector that would give a shit about “special” editions would ever be looking at this car as an addition to their garage. These cars will be bought on the second hand market by people who couldn’t/didn’t want to afford them new and will be modifying them as they want. It’s already happening now. For the Supra, buy whichever one YOU want, enjoy it how YOU want, and forget about any sort of future value. Cars are a terrible investment.

Edit: My vote is for the white, it’s beautiful.

Last edited:

Lonestar_Nomad

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘23 GR Supra Premium MT
Idk if you’ve seen CU in person, but it’s everywhere from purple to copper depending on light conditions etc. personally, I like my car to be the same color everyday but I can see how some could like it. Just way too much flop for my eyes.

absolute zero however is a banger every day. Terrible weather? White. Gorgeous clear sky? Pearl white.

WarpDriveKid

First Name
Clemente
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.clementbphotography.com
Car(s)
MKIII, MKIV, MKV, RX2, Datsun Truck, Mini JCW
The car you end up with is the car that's meant to be yours in this given time. No one's opinions will ultimately matter because you're not paying for a car based on the value of anyone's opinions, especially when they don't know you personally. Buy the car that speaks to you when you see it and drive it. It's a personal choice you must ultimately make, live with and bottom line afford.

Crypto79

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 MT, 1997 sc300 5 Speed
I'd get the 45th - no matter what us Supra owners say about colors, in terms of the average consumer looking to buy one at some point down the line, put yourself in their shoes, the one that is called '45th Anniversary Special Edition' will undoubtedly hold more value, because it's rooted in the model name - whether you don't like the color or the spoiler and decals, that's all meaningless chatter, it has no relevance, no one will remember details like which color was available in what year in the US, other than people on this forum, but you will remember the 45th edition.
people will remember good looking it not. I haven’t seen the orange in person but it is a polarizing color on most models.
Sponsored