Another tire post lol

Eddie21

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Running square setup. No tracking. Just highway pulls and stop sign digs. No tune, just JB4 and exhaust. Between these two because my cousin can get a deal on either. I’m in CA not worried about weather other than rain but never crazy.

Nitto NT555 GT or Firehawky Indy 500
275/35/1
Sponsored

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Mine are black and round.

toxicity

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra 3.0 MT, Defender 110 V8
Michelin Pilot Super Sports are my recommendation,
Between the nittos and hawks, just go with the better price.
cant speak much about hawks but the nt555s arent great or bad tires.

GMsuperfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91 Refraction, 68 Camaro SS, 17 GTI
Between those two, i think the Firehawks are better but you definitely get what you pay for in the tire game.....and there are much better tires than those as others have mentioned. The grip out of the Indy's are great but they won't last you very long and they will not be very good in the occasional rain.

NCMIKE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Tire rack has a comparison of firehawk tires versus other "inexpensive" performance tires. I ran these on other cars in the past. I remember them being noisy and losing a lot of grip below 55F. According to Tire rack reviews, they either fixed the noise issue or I am picky.

Bassoonytoon

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nitro Yellow / 2017 86 Special Editio
Running square setup. No tracking. Just highway pulls and stop sign digs. No tune, just JB4 and exhaust. Between these two because my cousin can get a deal on either. I’m in CA not worried about weather other than rain but never crazy.

Nitto NT555 GT or Firehawky Indy 500
275/35/1
I haven’t tried the Nittos, but I currently have Firehawk Indy’s on my car. They are great for the price, but not quite as good as the stock MPSS’s (which are fairly compromised tires in my opinion).

FWIW, I got them late last summer for my stock wheels so I can drive the car in spring/fall. I’m just about to change over to Falken RT660’s for the summer.

Lateral grip with the Firehawks feels really good. The car feels as responsive and aggressive in corners as the stock tires.

Grip off the line is not great. I usually got 3.5-3.8 0-60 times with the stock tires. With the Firehawks I’m getting 3.8-4.1.

I actually think the Firehawks are great in the rain. I scheduled my tire appointment a few days in advance when the weather was supposed to be nice. In southern Ontario fashion, that changed drastically and there was a massive downpour when I left the dealer. I ran into ~1 inch standing water a couple times on the way home. The tires handled the rain with no problems. I was obviously driving according to the conditions, but I never felt like the tires were going to let me down. I’ve seen rain twice since then and still felt confident with the Firehawks.

They also handle the cold weather acceptably. Not great, but still very drivable colder weather.

I also had Firehawks on my Miata for years. I had pretty much the same experience as with the Supra - great lateral grip, very good for the price, but there are better options if you pay more (like pretty much everything else).

I some of this is helpful. Good luck!

_Sp1ral0ut

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tahoe, Razor E100
Depends on what oil you will be using.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL

_Sp1ral0ut

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tahoe, Razor E100
The bi-weekly change interval is more important than the type.
This is true. I cannot express how important this is. Max life on it is 336 hours.
Sponsored