Anyone retrofit the Supra rear brake to BMW F80 M3 brembo brake

ahgil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV
Just curious as in my country, it is very strict in modifying the car, i was wondering if the rear brake can direct fit the F80 M3 rear brake. Simply I see the Toyota brake kit is made by BMW.
Sponsored

OP
OP

ahgil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV
umm you have a point, i just find the current stock brake setup, rear is not strong enough, when driving slow braking, the front is always diving more than balance. Maybe i am just not use to it yet

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
It sounds like to me what you're experiencing is nose dive during braking due to the spring rates used on this car. Are you talking about the nose lowering during braking?

Diablo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Launch Edition / 2018 4Runner TRD
I think that’s what he’s saying. After I installed the Swift springs and Whiteline front sway bar, the nose diving upon braking went away as did the nose lifting that I experienced at WOT. The Blitz strut bar also enhanced confidence in the front end just a bit.

BadOne

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91 Edition (Refraction Blue)
From a different forum, but good advice nonetheless:

The front "drops" due to weight transfer forward under braking. You are simply "adding weight" to the front of the car (and taking it from the rear, which is why the rear will come up slightly and the front will "dive").

You can make it less dramatic by slowing the transfer of weight with stiffer shocks, more compression damping in the front and more rebound in the rear, and/or more spring rate.

Springs actually support the car and have the responsibility of "holding the car up" and keeping it from bottoming out (they will also help minimize dive).

So, shocks, springs and a reduction in ride height (lower it) will be the cures, any one will help, all of them combined will work even better.
Sponsored