Can Toyota ban you for placing multiple deposits with dealers?

Turcktech

First Name
Esat
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 supra
I was in the same situation in Canada. They said technically you should be banned but as everyone else noted here, I haven’t heard anyone got into trouble for it. Cause all supras are selling. Matter of fact, there is no new Toyota sitting on a sales floor around dealerships where I live. I suggest you keep calling dealerships and minimize your options for the supra. I am waiting for my allocation mt delivery for 3 months now. They keep delaying it. If I were you, I would go any mt supra I can find now regardless other options
Sponsored

GR007

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 A91CF, '21 A90 3.0 Prem, '21 Audi RS5, '96 Z3
I’m a Toyota Dealer and there is no directive from TMNA on banning customers on multiple deposits. It is likely that you could lose a deposit if you agree to a non-refundable one. The Supra is in limited supply and we all like it that way for resale values. Just find a dealer that has one or is willing to order that car for you and ride with them until the car becomes available. Manuals are in high demand and short supply so you might have to pay a premium over MSRP but if you deal with your local dealer they are more likely to sell it in their market for less premium. Be patient and don’t play games with dealers and they won’t tell you such nonsense about Toyota banning a customer. Just not true

Lonestar_Nomad

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘23 GR Supra Premium MT
Toyota of Cedar Park in Texas gets allocations frequently.
Just giving a *confirmed* on this. I was in 23rd position when I placed my deposit and was 3rd only 4 months later when I found mine out of state. Cedar park absolute rips thru cars. Everything is MSRP and deposits are completely refundable. Great experience even tho I ended up grabbing one elsewhere. Just happened to be the way it worked out.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Just started trying to find a 2023 red mt supra. Really feeling the pain. Have been calling dealers all day to figure out waitlist, deposits, MSRP, etc. One dealer I was talking to told me that if Toyota sees that you have placed multiple deposits at dealerships, they'll cancel all your deposits and ban you from purchasing cars from them? Not sure if he was BSing me or what so that I would be scared into only putting a deposit with him, but has anyone heard of this? Was hoping to put 3 or 4 refundable deposits at dealers to hopefully secure a car this year.
Make it easy on them and you. Do the zip code search and find the car you like. When you do, contact that dealer to buy that car. I only called (or did the website chat) dealers that had the car I was truly ready to buy. That way your deposit is more of a formality, good faith. The ones that told me they would sell at MSRP - we got the paperwork started. It really was that simple.

I did this the other day for a buddy buying a Vette. He bought the car. I also did it for fun about a month ago for a friend looking for a Supra. There were a ton of them. You do have to open another browser to do zip code searches. Keep moving about 250 miles from your location until you find exactly what you’re looking for. I would not wait on any dealer to do that legwork for you unless it’s a dealer you’ve previously used or someone you personally know.

My 0.03 cents, with added inflation ;)
Sponsored

Last edited: