Vertex

Vertex

First Name
Vertex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 3.0 Supra Matte Storm Gray
My Fords were pretty close to dead-nuts on.

All three BMW products I've ever owned were by far the worst. It's sooo bad from the factory.
Every vehicle I have driven so far all the way back to when I used GPS seems to be spot on as well. 2018 Challenger GT, 1999 Silverado, 2021 Mach 1, 2022 Mazda CX-30 and every other car in between that I borrow from work.

Wondering if it's a European car thing maybe? I know someone mentioned something about false readings being to low over seas but I also have never had a Japanese vehicle either so I'm not sure which area or if it's from both parts of that world where they are super strict about false readings if reading below your actual speed since the opposite affect can get you into trouble whereas if you're overreading and underreporting you aren't doing anything wrong.
Sponsored

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Wondering if it's a European car thing maybe? I know someone mentioned something about false readings being to low over seas but I also have never had a Japanese vehicle either so I'm not sure which area or if it's from both parts of that world where they are super strict about false readings if reading below your actual speed since the opposite affect can get you into trouble whereas if you're overreading and underreporting you aren't doing anything wrong.
It's 100% an EU thing. There's actually a law about it that I dug up once because I complained about the issue on my A91 right after I bought it.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
It's 100% an EU thing. There's actually a law about it that I dug up once because I complained about the issue on my A91 right after I bought it.
So… this new law over there that requires the car to scream at you when you are going over the speed limit, it’s actually screaming while you are going under the speed limit. 🤣

OP
OP
Vertex

Vertex

First Name
Vertex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 3.0 Supra Matte Storm Gray
So… this new law over there that requires the car to scream at you when you are going over the speed limit, it’s actually screaming while you are going under the speed limit. 🤣
I turned off all notification stuff except I think if you are about to rear end someone it still yells at you

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
I'm pretty sure our cars down under can be within 10% of the actual speed.. as long as it's under.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT
I'm pretty sure our cars down under can be within 10% of the actual speed.. as long as it's under.
TEN percent slow?

I know it's the wrong accent but oi bruv, you got a loicense for that accurate speedo? :lol:

Stedy

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV Manual (Inbound), Volvo XC60
Yeah, I've got an XC60 here in Aus that is calibrated about 4% out. The 10% max is correct as per ADR (Australian Design Rules).

I don't mind the speedo offset. With speed cameras here becoming so prolific and the buffer between the speed limit and a ticket being drastically reduced, it's probably saved me a more than once during normal driving.