eli151

First Name
Elian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra 3.0 Premium
Hey guys,

first of all, i want to say thank you to all members of this forum, for the amount of helpful tips and guides, and the overall attitude in this forum.

I got my manual Supra in May 2023 and drove around 10.000 km with it so far. Absolutely love this car. The only thing it's a little lacking is the sound. Since anything that has to do with the exhaust is very expensive and would require a lift for the car (since i want to do it myself), i was looking into getting a cold air intake as one of the first mods for my Supra.

There is a lot of reviews and informations in this forum and on youtube, but unfortunately most of it comes from the US. I live in Germany, so i have to find a part, that is legal in Germany. For cold air intakes, the only one i found stating, they would ship the required legal documents for Germany is the Eventuri Carbon Intake. Apart from the over-the-top design it costs 1.600€, which is way too much for a "cosmetical" mod. My favorite would be the MST V2 intake, since it can be equipped with a see-though top panel, but there is no onlineshop i find from Germany, that ships this part. I don't have to buy from a german shop, but they are the only ones that give you information, if a certain part is legal in Germany or not.

So i was wondering, if any german Supra Owners had this issue before and what you could recommend me?

Thank you for your support.
Sponsored

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
Have you contacted AC Schnitzer? They have a good program for the Supra. I did not see intake related parts on their site. I would call/email them for options if there any. Possibly they are able to assist.

I am in Frankfurt and there is not much here for such systems.

OP
OP

eli151

First Name
Elian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thank you for the quick reply. I actually have the AC Schnitzer front lip, Rear Wing and pedals, but i never thought about contacting them directly. I will give it a go and see, what they tell me.

Supra1208

First Name
Luca
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra A90
Hello. I‘m from Switzerland and just heard the news that E-intake is releasing an open air intake soon with all the documents that are nessesary and below 700€

YaW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GT86
Very interested in this topic. I'm from Spain and while we don't use TÜV, usually if a part is TÜV-approved is street-legal in Spain too.

PaulFRDE

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Red Supra 3.0 2022, Black BMW 116i 2022

BigRon

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MK5 A90
On eBay Kleinanzeigen when you search for Supra A90 or MK5 there is a guy that sells the MST stuff.
It’s not street legal in Germany but you can try a TÜV Einzelabnahme. (Car specific checkup)
Talk to them before you buy, they can tell you if you can use it street legal.
Cheers

OP
OP

eli151

First Name
Elian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The E-Intake sounds interesting, never heard of them before.

I actually thought about just doing a "Einzelabnahme", but i heard that the costs can be pretty pricey. I guess my best bet would be to just drive there next week and aks, what it would cost me. Thank you for your input.

YaW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GT86
I asked e-intake more info about this and they answered back:

yes, that's right, we are currently in the process of bringing an open intake with a German TÜV certificate onto the market. We are planning to launch the product at the start of the 2024 season (March/April).
Can't wait!
Sponsored