Sponsored

TRD Pro Iso Seats - is it a deal breaker?

taco_pd

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
I need some advice. I have a TRD PRO pre ordered. I am supposed to get it in a few weeks but am freaking out about not having enough room in the back seats… I’m 6’2” is anyone going to be able to sit behind me. I don’t mind having to move up a bit but even with moving up is there enough usable room in the back seat? What would you do? Would the iso seats be a deal breaker for you? I don’t plan on having it be a ppl hauler but I will have 4 occupants on occasion and want them to be comfortable if the front seats are moved up. I’m so conflicted. Would you pass on this trd pro because of the seats? Love to hear your thoughts
Sponsored

mcrwlrpro

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma TRD Pro, 2016 Lexus ES 350
I'm 5'7" and have had a 6'1" friend seated behind me in my 3rd Gen just fine, but his knees were right up against the back of the seat. In the 4th gen, I imagine he would have to straddle the back of the Iso seat. The 4th gen gained 1.1-inches of rear legroom over the 3rd gen, so theoretically, it should help a bit. But, honestly, at 6'2", the max tallest I'd have sit behind you would be 5'7"-5'9". Your best bet is to get all your friends to sit in the truck before you buy it.

Ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500, Honda Pioneer 1000
The iso seats turned me away from the Pro (probably would have gone a different route anyway but the seats killed it). They should have made that an option on the Pro.

I havent seen a 2024 Pro but i would steer way from Pro if i expected adult passengers in the back.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 SuperCrew
I‘m really interested in either a TRD Off-road or a TH with a 6’ bed, but this issue with the lack of rear seat room is giving me pause too. I’m definitely not alone and it seems that this issue is one of the 4G Tacoma’s biggest shortcomings (no pun intended). Crazy to me that many of us share this feeling about rear legroom… like Toyota dropped the ball with their market research. Especially the point of this thead regarding the two halo models with the TRD-Pro seats and the lack of space under the rear seats due to hybrid system intrusion.

I sat in a new Colorado in November, a new ‘24 Tacoma last month and a ‘24 Ranger last weekend. Hands down the Ranger has the roomiest and most comfortable rear seats. But with the GM twins and the Ranger not being available in a crewcab/longbed configuration, I’m going to have to make a hard compromise.

So for now I wait and see what ‘25 models will bring from Ford (hopeful for a Tremor too) and GM (Trail Boss). If no crewcab/longbed options are coming in ‘25 then a Tacoma it is. Hopefully pricing and availability will be better around that time, especially if I wait and pull the trigger on a ‘25 at the end of the year.

Last edited:

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
I‘m really interested in either a TRD Off-road or a TH with a 6’ bed, but this issue with the lack of rear seat room is giving me pause too. I’m definitely not alone and it seems that this issue is one of the 4G Tacoma’s biggest shortcomings (no pun intended). Crazy to me that many of us share this feeling about rear legroom…
I'm deleting 60 of the rear TH with a Goose Gear platform. I've been driving a Dodge Ram 2001 club cab for 22 years, thing has literally the same rear leg room as the back of the TH. In 22 years I've carried ~3 people back there. All gear & dogs the remainder of the time. Back seats are worthless for many. In fact, I wish you had to option-in to buy them on the tacos. The PreRunner '24 has the best interior behind Driver/Passenger in the lineup IMO.

My neighbors down the way with 2.3 kids have it right: 1 Tundra and 1 Tacoma in the driveway.
Sponsored