2022 Supra Debadging Question

timmygogdon

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I just have a quick question about debadging a Supra! I got my entire front PPF wrapped by a really good company and they had to remove the front badge and got a new one from my Toyota dealer and I was just wondering if it'll be perfectly centered? I remember watching a video a while back that the front badge has like screws or you have to remove the front bumper to get the badge off, is this true? They told me it was just held in by pins and super easy to remove and replace so wondering if I'm overthinking!
Sponsored

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Okay I'm confused.. can't you just go to your car and look whether it's straight or not? I mean you got the car back right? :hmm:

Even if it's perfectly centered, you don't want to stare at the car too long in detail as you will notice the German fit and finish which is un-Toyota like.. you will notice more problems than good for your health.

OP
OP

timmygogdon

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Okay I'm confused.. can't you just go to your car and look whether it's straight or not? I mean you got the car back right? :hmm:

Even if it's perfectly centered, you don't want to stare at the car too long in detail as you will notice the German fit and finish which is un-Toyota like.. you will notice more problems than good for your health.
I have not gotten it back I get it back Monday because they haven't installed the new badge they ordered yet. That's why I'm wondering if they're easy to remove or if it is screwed on or if it just pops off like they said and just put a new one on. They said there's 3 pins so it'll always be perfectly centered. That's why I made this thread to ask if that's true or if you have to remove the front bumper to get the badge off because I've heard there's screws

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Dealer told me they have to remove the bumper to take off the front badge (I had it warrantied cause it was shit) and if they take off the front bumper they need to recalibrate the sensors (this took several days cause my dealer doesnt have the machine to calibrate the sensors and they need to borrow it...) However, I've seen people just pry them out - not sure if that creates damage or not but since my repair was warrantied I didn't really care to not follow the "toyota way". There are pins behind the badge as far as I know.

OP
OP

timmygogdon

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Dealer told me they have to remove the bumper to take off the front badge (I had it warrantied cause it was shit) and if they take off the front bumper they need to recalibrate the sensors (this took several days cause my dealer doesnt have the machine to calibrate the sensors and they need to borrow it...) However, I've seen people just pry them out - not sure if that creates damage or not but since my repair was warrantied I didn't really care to not follow the "toyota way". There are pins behind the badge as far as I know.
So they're pins not screws? Why would you have to remove the bumper then to remove the badge? That's why I'm a tad bit concerned if anything popped out wrong or if anything could've been damaged.

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I seem to remember toyota advisor saying they were "pins" but same dealer tried to rotate my tires sooo I can only be 50/50 on pins vs screws. That's all I got, unfortunately.

Edit* I assume they don't pry them off because of potential paint damage to the bumper.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
They're pins indeed. But there are these washers underneath. There's a chance that pins could break if you pry them. But who cares if you're already replacing it. Also breakage probably due to prying the tape with or without heat gun... Washers may fall into engine bay. I don't remember getting washers with replacement bagde. Frankly I don't think you need them. Tape is plenty enough to hold it in place.
Anyhow they'll be centered. I'd worry more about the ppf being nicely centered instead. We've seen examples of that going awry..
Screenshot_20220624-204133_Gallery.png

OP
OP

timmygogdon

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
They're pins indeed. But there are these washers underneath. There's a chance that pins could break if you pry them. But who cares if you're already replacing it. Also breakage probably due to prying the tape with or without heat gun... Washers may fall into engine bay. I don't remember getting washers with replacement bagde. Frankly I don't think you need them. Tape is plenty enough to hold it in place.
Anyhow they'll be centered. I'd worry more about the ppf being nicely centered instead. We've seen examples of that going awry..
Screenshot_20220624-204133_Gallery.png
Not worried about the PPF at all! Went to a SUPER reputable shop but they didn't mention mine had washers so I'll ask. They also didn't say the pins broke so could anything have gotten inside the front bumper?

OP
OP

timmygogdon

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Just found this video for anyone else curious! So there's 3 pins and there's no screws or anything so you can't damage your front bumper by removing and replacing the badge! @Tsar not sure why they said you have to remove the whole bumper lol

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
FYI, the washers I spoke of, they may already have been removed from the vehicles for cost savings as I mentioned they're useless. if they still exists, they'd have fallen down when he pulls the badge out because they're underneath the bumper as in not visible from the outside. Anyhow, very insignificant issue.. just informing you.. the fact that a completely vertical rear badge never needed a washer should have already hinted to Toyota that front ones are useless on a near flat surface :)

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
^ I mean, there's zero chance that the dealer tech is gonna bring his wife's hair dryer to work on your car & buy finishing line lol

OP
OP

timmygogdon

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
FYI, the washers I spoke of, they may already have been removed from the vehicles for cost savings as I mentioned they're useless. if they still exists, they'd have fallen down when he pulls the badge out because they're underneath the bumper as in not visible from the outside. Anyhow, very insignificant issue.. just informing you.. the fact that a completely vertical rear badge never needed a washer should have already hinted to Toyota that front ones are useless on a near flat surface :)
So y’all don’t think they could’ve messed anything up? Or can the bumper be damaged pulling the pins out? Also how can i find out if there were washers?
Sponsored