AA Catted Downpipe - AWE Touring NonResonated Clips

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23ā€™ 3.0 Base
Shout out to @DSG Performance for getting me the AWE Non Resonated at a great price! Mated up perfectly to the AA Catted DP. Starting this thread to compare the AWE and Injen catback. Shockingly I think the audio clips make the Injen sound much better BUT I barely prefer the AWE. Both great setups! Stay tuned as I did purchased the resonated mid pipes from AWE and want to do a comparison....before anyone asks YES I know I have a serious issue buying exhaust systems. My wallet reminds me.

Injen:

AWE:

BONUS AWE Cold start, which is pretty loud:
Sponsored

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
AWE touring res is amazing. I had both AMS catted and catless DP's paired to it. I can say catless makes a dramatic difference but still doesn't drone either way!

OP
OP
Timmy_Jones

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23ā€™ 3.0 Base
AWE touring res is amazing. I had both AMS catted and catless DP's paired to it. I can say catless makes a dramatic difference but still doesn't drone either way!
Itā€™s crazy how loud the touring setup is and has ZERO drone. I would say itā€™s a little louder than the Injen in sport, but the injen is boomy and drones like most dual open setups. Iā€™m curious how much the resonators change the tone! Will keep everyone posted and thank you to @awe for sending just the mid pipes!

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
Iā€™ve been tempted to switch to RK titanium signature single exit but Iā€™m fairly certain itā€™ll drone like crazy and drive me nuts catless.

OP
OP
Timmy_Jones

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23ā€™ 3.0 Base
Iā€™ve been tempted to switch to RK titanium signature single exit but Iā€™m fairly certain itā€™ll drone like crazy and drive me nuts catless.
Other than weight, I cannot see anything redeeming about that setup with a hi flow downpipe. Even if it sounded perfect, the volume and drone would be unbareable.

Turcktech

First Name
Esat
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 supra
Ordered awe non resonated touring to match up with stock downpipe for my 23 manual. Havenā€™t heard much clips for manual supras especially while cruising. Hope to see some difference from stock exhaust šŸ˜Š

OP
OP
Timmy_Jones

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23ā€™ 3.0 Base
Ordered awe non resonated touring to match up with stock downpipe for my 23 manual. Havenā€™t heard much clips for manual supras especially while cruising. Hope to see some difference from stock exhaust šŸ˜Š
Should be an awesome combo with the stock downpipe! Let us know.

OP
OP
Timmy_Jones

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23ā€™ 3.0 Base
Just swapped over to the resonated pipes and fired it up. Seems like a HUGE difference in volume. Much smoother, a little deeper and more quiet for sure. Thanks Hurricane Lee for the hazardous roads. Might be a bit before I can take it out and re-review the setup vs the non resonated.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Just swapped over to the resonated pipes and fired it up. Seems like a HUGE difference in volume. Much smoother, a little deeper and more quiet for sure. Thanks Hurricane Lee for the hazardous roads. Might be a bit before I can take it out and re-review the setup vs the non resonated.
Sound clip please

cablesrv

First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
so I have the touring non resonated exhaust... where can I just buy the resonated mid pipes?

AndyK5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Nitro Yellow MT
so I have the touring non resonated exhaust... where can I just buy the resonated mid pipes?
Contact AWE directly through support. They will send you a quote. I have the resonated midpipes but a stock DP so might order the non resonated just to have it as an option.

quikslipper

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Prius Prime, Wrangler
Any update on the resonated vs non resonated ver. of the AWE paired with the AA dp?
Sponsored