Anyone have Decibel numbers with a dual tomei at 3k and 5k RPMs

FromSTIto2023Supra

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0 Premium Supra
Came across a YouTube channel that has decibel numbers for the HKS and AWE but unfortunately not the tomei dual exit.

Has anyone tested this?
Sponsored

Awales74

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Mazda 6
Interesting question but difficult to answer. Load vs. no load (significant difference revving the car in neutral vs. propelling the car off the line). Inside the car our outside. If outside the car then at what distance and what direction. Finally, what device is actually measuring the volume -- a cheap cell phone app? If so, then what app and what phone. Generally speaking, this complexity is why people shy away from scientific* measurements and go for good old word of mouth.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
I donā€™t know why people like the tomei exhaust for thjs platform, outside of being cheap (which it is for a reason) it just overall kinda sucks, the name is cool and all but Iā€™ve had 3 tomeiā€™s know crack on the shit chinesium welds by the muffler, they have no tone, loud but not in a good way and with a catless dp donā€™t even get me started, and drone like crazy, and fit acceptably at best. Stick with awe, hks, active Autowerke, SHS, even magnaflow and Titan are better. if you want cheap the EOS catback is the same if not better quality then Tomei for under $700usd shipped

VeroBlue

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ā€˜23 Supra Manual Strat Blue
I donā€™t know why people like the tomei exhaust for thjs platform, outside of being cheap (which it is for a reason) it just overall kinda sucks, the name is cool and all but Iā€™ve had 3 tomeiā€™s know crack on the shit chinesium welds by the muffler, they have no tone, loud but not in a good way and with a catless dp donā€™t even get me started, and drone like crazy, and fit acceptably at best. Stick with awe, hks, active Autowerke, SHS, even magnaflow and Titan are better. if you want cheap the EOS catback is the same if not better quality then Tomei for under $700usd shipped
Damn Phil; I thought mine sounded greatā€¦ā€¦until now šŸ„ŗ

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Damn Phil; I thought mine sounded greatā€¦ā€¦until now šŸ„ŗ
I know that was a little rough but after dealing with the bs of them cracking and a few other stuff man Iā€™ve grown to hate it, on paper itā€™s amazing, loud, good name, titanium, cheap (relatively) itā€™s just the headache of fixing one, and I may be old but with a catless Downpipe it is just too loud