Can we use the OBD to remap steering wheel buttons?

richr0ll

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 2.0 Stratosphere Blue
I think it would be soo much better if we could map the steering wheel's "MODE" button to switch in and out of sport mode instead of awkwardly reaching back to push the sport button over and over again. This is probably gonna be most useful for people like me who mainly drive in the city and constantly switch to normal mode to save gas in bumper to bumper traffic. Carplay turns on automatically and I dont see myself ever needing to switch audio modes to AM/FM.

PaddleShifterz-Carbon-Fiber-Paddle-shifters-for-Toyota-Supra-MK5-A90-A91-1.jpg
Sponsored

monkahead

First Name
Artur
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MkV MY23 B48B20 (30i)
I wish there were forward and backward buttons on the steering wheel, same as on BMW which it is based on. I have no idea why Toyota didn't take these steering controls 1 to 1 ...

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Not sure about Sports mode but I could think of a lot of ways to use that button other than audio sources. Interested to see if this can be done.

I wish there were forward and backward buttons on the steering wheel, same as on BMW which it is based on. I have no idea why Toyota didn't take these steering controls 1 to 1 ...
The entire button arrangement/functions in this car are at best, devoid of forethought.

Reactions: zrk

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
Wish the steering wheel had a little thumb joystick to replicate the iDrive knob's joystick functionality so we can use that capability without leaving the wheel. Replace mode button with sport mode. Swap sides for audio/cruise control.
Sponsored