Car won't start..(battery related possibly)

Trevor

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Looking for some help or insight, I have a 2020 Toyota Supra RZ in Japan. I don't drive it much and recently it was sluggish to start occasionally. I went to a 7-11 a couple weeks ago and the engine wouldn't start. It was able to jump start and I drove it home. I left a trickle charge on it a few days. Last weekend I drove to work (car dealership) for Japans road inspection. I left it and went to work and then the engine hasn't cranked since. My dealers mechanic put a new toyota battery in it and it didn't work. Jumped from front and back and hasn't helped. Im trying to say what Ive seen as issues I read on this forum. I never got a warning about battery being low etc. Could it be a different issue? If I push the start button the electronics come on.. The language barrier and lack of knowledge makes it difficult. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Trevor

Trevor

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Sorry if my wording was hard to follow. I have a mechanic at my used car dealership I work at. He said he ordered a toyota battery specific to the car based on the chassis number from toyota. That did not start the car.

OP
OP
Trevor

Trevor

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
I bought a JB4 system but I am a little afraid to try it with the battery being dead. We were told from Toyota (Not that it holds any weight) that the same battery swapped should start the car. I was contemplating hooking up the JB4 unit and trying to register the battery.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
I bought a JB4 system but I am a little afraid to try it with the battery being dead. We were told from Toyota (Not that it holds any weight) that the same battery swapped should start the car. I was contemplating hooking up the JB4 unit and trying to register the battery.
Get the car started first with the new battery. Worry ahout the jb4 laterā€¦..

OP
OP
Trevor

Trevor

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
The JB4 can register the battery? I thought it could. Only Bimmerlink can?

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
The JB4 can register the battery? I thought it could. Only Bimmerlink can?
Oh this is when Zrk comes in and says something. I did not know Jb4 can register a new battery, must be something newā€¦..

OP
OP
Trevor

Trevor

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
I mean I could be way off. Just thought it was possible. If I have to buy extra stuff I will.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
I mean I could be way off. Just thought it was possible. If I have to buy extra stuff I will.
No jb4 has no programing capabilities for the car. You can set maps on it, but has nothing to do with electronics and coding the car or making changes to features on the car.

OP
OP
Trevor

Trevor

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Understood. Thank you. The blue tooth ob2 wouldn't connect to bimmerlink correct?

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
OP
OP
Trevor

Trevor

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Does that seem like the likely cause? My old Japanese mechanic is at a loss. Even swapping a genuine battery, it needs to be coded or itā€™s just like a dead battery?

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Does that seem like the likely cause? My old Japanese mechanic is at a loss. Even swapping a genuine battery, it needs to be coded or itā€™s just like a dead battery?
Is there no GR Garage near you to take the car to?

OP
OP
Trevor

Trevor

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
for the last week the car is stuck. Itā€™s in Park and too low to tow with the rear skirts. They havenā€™t been able to raise the car as theyā€™ve been busy to manually put in neutral. If they do that, then we can push it to the lift and swap the exhaust. After that Toyota will look at it. A GR garage I donā€™t think so. Thanks for everyoneā€™s insight.
Sponsored