Everything up to 50k miles

Gappuccino58

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra Premium
Good afternoon folks, I am looking for guidance and advice regarding maintenance on a 21 3.0 premium. This is my first turbo car and I am not very knowledgeable regarding maintenance for the Supra. I have only done oil changes (5w30) every 5k miles up until 50k miles. I know it sounds bad.

I wanted to ask what should I be checking, changing/replacing, topping off, everything for the supra for 50k miles? I know I need to replace the cabin and engine filters, brake fluid, and spark plugs. Also, I am looking for recommendations of which fluids, spark plugs, and filters to get as well as anything else I will need to be up to date for maintenance at 50,000 miles. Any tips for performing these maintenances would be greatly appreciated also.

Thank you guys so much for your time and patience.

Mods:
JB4 Map 6 (E40) Jesse Map
Boostlogic Catless DP
Armaspeed CAI
Xhp tune Stage 3
Tomei Exhaust
Sponsored

Delta1Seven

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0
Following.

Also, this post talks briefly talks about scheduled maintenance (copy and pasted below).

Oil Change (Every 10k or 1 year)
Cabin Filter (Every 20k or 2 Years)
Replace Battery key Fob (Every 20k or 2 years)
CAI Engine Air Filter (Every 30k or 3 Years)
Brake Fluid (Every 30k or 3 years)
Spark Plugs (Every 40k or 4 years)
Battery Replacement
Brake Service Pads
Brake Service Pads & Rotors

For what it's worth, I wouldn't go past 5K mileage on engine oil and 10K on CAI filter (if after-market).

I also feel like our battery won't last for longer than 3-4 years, or at least that's my experience for a normal (non gigantic BMW battery like we have). At least here in the Florida heat that's all the life I get out of my past cars' batteries.

sstevecc82

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra MT
I'm planning to do an induction service every year.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Following.

Also, this post talks briefly talks about scheduled maintenance (copy and pasted below).

Battery Replacement
Brake Service Pads

For what it's worth, I wouldn't go past 5K mileage on engine oil and 10K on CAI filter (if after-market).

I also feel like our battery won't last for longer than 3-4 years, or at least that's my experience for a normal (non gigantic BMW battery like we have). At least here in the Florida heat that's all the life I get out of my past cars' batteries.
Well said ☝

6SPDA91

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silverado, S1000R, A91-MT
Following.

Battery Replacement
Brake Service Pads

I've had pretty good luck with batteries lasting. I think a lot of it has to do with rapidly changing climate (ex relatively warm garage should help extend the life).

As for oil changes, I used to be in the 2500 - 5000 camp about 10 years ago. Oil tech and additives have changed substantially. You really don't need to go to that extreme unless you're tracking your car. BMW doesn't use time or mileage, if I remember correctly, it bases your oil interval off your drive style. If you aren't red line racing every light you can get to the 7500 - 10000 mark.

That's what I do in my daily and had 0 issues with that interval. That's my unpopular opinion.

Williejay

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90
Can someone explain to me why when I started my Supra from it’s winter slumber today my Brake Fluid Service light came on? I only have 11k miles 2021 . I assume this is a timed thing and I can reset this or do I really need to get my brake fluid changed this early?

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Can someone explain to me why when I started my Supra from it’s winter slumber today my Brake Fluid Service light came on? I only have 11k miles 2021 . I assume this is a timed thing and I can reset this or do I really need to get my brake fluid changed this early?
Supra is timed or mileage which ever comes first.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
But isn’t brake 3 years? My ECU date is Feb 2020 , that would make it 3 years 🤦🏽‍♂️. K so guess I’ll get that done then. Thanks.
Brake fluid is very hydroscopic. Our cars actually come with DOT4 fluid. Which is so cool, ready to track right out of the box 😎. However, personally, I wouldn’t go past 2 years. Used or not, you’re looking at wet max temps for sure. Regardless of driving style, that makes a big difference. It shouldn’t cost much to flush it with new DOT4 fluid. And definitely doesn’t need to be done at Toyota either. So $hop around :)

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
Brake fluid is very hydroscopic. Our cars actually come with DOT4 fluid. Which is so cool, ready to track right out of the box 😎. However, personally, I wouldn’t go past 2 years. Used or not, you’re looking at wet max temps for sure. Regardless of driving style, that makes a big difference. It shouldn’t cost much to flush it with new DOT4 fluid. And definitely doesn’t need to be done at Toyota either. So $hop around :)
THIS^^^^^^^^^^^ --- They are your BRAKES. Do the maintenance and dont mess around. They can and will save your life. Change the fluid keep the system at optimal operation.
Sponsored