GMS 2020 G600 Turbo Kit Progress Thread

kanaka

First Name
Jamison
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1998 JZA80
https://gmsracingco.com/products/gms-racing-2020-toyota-a90-gr-supra-g600-turbo-kit

Going to start a process and opinion thread on this kit.
Just received it last night and will begin the installation here in my garage. Wanted to start this to inform you on the quality of this kit and ease of installation.

Wanted to give you a bit of context: After a bunch of research on different Top mount kits (P2uned, ETS, DOCRace) I decided to try out the underdogs in this category. As much as I love Precision Turbos, I will settle with Garrett's G-Series for now until they develop a manifold for Precision series turbos (In the future)

I'm moving away from my Pure800 setup (CSF Manifold, full e-85, Motiv Reflex, LPFP, etc) and moving into a top mount.

Quick story on this: Prior to purchasing this kit, I messaged them to see if it was more readily available and not on backorder. They told me they had mostly everything available (Including the turbo). A few days in, they told me they were not happy with the manifold quality during their QC and decided to weld me up a new one. (Which I appreciated).

My install deadline was setup for today (Thursday July 21) due to a car show that I am displaying. GMS knew that they may not make my deadline for shipping the whole kit and Drove down from GMS in St. George, Utah to Orange County, CA. An insane 5-1/2 Hour Drive (they left at 9pm their time) and made it to my place at 1:30am with the full kit in hand. Talk about customer service.

Anyways here's the kit laid out:

So far it looks really quality. The lines are all NHRA rated, using AN Lines, and cut to the proper length. Also included is an AEM Boost Solenoid and AEM Boost Gauge. Everything seems to be bagged nicely and it included OEM gaskets and Two Smart GenV Waste Gates

More to come
DCAC519A-0AB4-4D27-A551-E376F014F18D.JPG

IMG_5004.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP
kanaka

kanaka

First Name
Jamison
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1998 JZA80
Which turbo did you go with? G35-1050 I assume, since you're upgrading from a pure? Or go with the smaller G30-900, since you're waiting on a precision?
I went with the 900 since I will be upgrading it soon anyways. The 1050s are back ordered right now so going to dial this in and swap them! Prob keep the power in the low to mid 700s

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I went with the 900 since I will be upgrading it soon anyways. The 1050s are back ordered right now so going to dial this in and swap them! Prob keep the power in the low to mid 700s
You'll almost certainly keep the power low to mid-700s on that turbo. Especially with the two port, and not pushing it too hard. It's a great turbo, but I don't know anyone that was really really satisfied with it long-term.

OP
OP
kanaka

kanaka

First Name
Jamison
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1998 JZA80
You'll almost certainly keep the power low to mid-700s on that turbo. Especially with the two port, and not pushing it too hard. It's a great turbo, but I don't know anyone that was really really satisfied with it long-term.
I hear the same thing about longevity. I think more people are starting to move into the 40 series.

I'm always team precision but this will do for now haha. They are making a XONA manifold too so that should be good

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I hear the same thing about longevity. I think more people are starting to move into the 40 series.

I'm always team precision but this will do for now haha. They are making a XONA manifold too so that should be good
#teamxona for sure..

OP
OP
kanaka

kanaka

First Name
Jamison
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1998 JZA80
I love that kit but is the red powdercoat turbo housing optional? Do they provide other colors and finishes? lol
They def do offer other powdercoating colors. Would reach out to see options but my guess is most prismatic powders.

I've seen a bunch of different people with all types of colors. I ironically, wanted the red to begin with lol

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Tungsten Supra 3.0 Premium
did they sell you this kit for $2.00 and a box of crackers like everyone else?

So far nothing impressive has came out of this but how low of power a G35-1050 can make with it. Saw one chart was like 650 whp lol.

Reactions: zrk
OP
OP
kanaka

kanaka

First Name
Jamison
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1998 JZA80
did they sell you this kit for $2.00 and a box of crackers like everyone else?

So far nothing impressive has came out of this but how low of power a G35-1050 can make with it. Saw one chart was like 650 whp lol.
DAYUMMM The hate is strong with this one.

I guess it doesn't hurt to test and educate the public :)

I know Babayaga just had Titan install the kit and is making in the 800's

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DAYUMMM The hate is strong with this one.

I guess it doesn't hurt to test and educate the public :)

I know Babayaga just had Titan install the kit and is making in the 800's
How do you know hes making in the 800s? He never dynod it or draggied it?

Not hatting but until we see some times the only thing we really have to go off of is a 650 whp dyno sheet for a G35 turbo kit with fueling. Hopefully when yours is installed we see what it can do.

OP
OP
kanaka

kanaka

First Name
Jamison
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1998 JZA80
How do you know hes making in the 800s? He never dynod it or draggied it?

Not hatting but until we see some times the only thing we really have to go off of is a 650 whp dyno sheet for a G35 turbo kit with fueling. Hopefully when yours is installed we see what it can do.
If you are referring to the Gustavo video - It was something that made me cautious about it coming from my 700whp, pure800 kit but Babayaga def says its much faster than his pure800, a bit more lag but yea.

I will def be dyno'ing this up to show some numbers and since I have my baseline of pure numbers, I can help compare. Does come down to tuning as well on these platforms.

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If you are referring to the Gustavo video - It was something that made me cautious about it coming from my 700whp, pure800 kit but Babayaga def says its much faster than his pure800, a bit more lag but yea.

I will def be dyno'ing this up to show some numbers and since I have my baseline of pure numbers, I can help compare. Does come down to tuning as well on these platforms.
Tuning is definitely a factor but Gustavo is using the same tuner as the Adonis supra. So i dont think its a tuning issue.

One thing I have learned from my top mount is these bad boys give off heat badly. Im sure where where you and Gustavo are its a major issue. Look into an Ice box and manifold if you dont have one already.

also hopefully you have a draggy or plan on drag racing your car at the strip. Would love to see some real metrics.

OP
OP
kanaka

kanaka

First Name
Jamison
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1998 JZA80
Tuning is definitely a factor but Gustavo is using the same tuner as the Adonis supra. So i dont think its a tuning issue.

One thing I have learned from my top mount is these bad boys give off heat badly. Im sure where where you and Gustavo are its a major issue. Look into an Ice box and manifold if you dont have one already.

also hopefully you have a draggy or plan on drag racing your car at the strip. Would love to see some real metrics.
Yea had to start focusing on IATs - Run CSF but that's just a small win to the battle. Grabbed a heat exchanger to be an addition. I live right on the coast so the temp is a bit less than out in Inland Empire or SB Valley. Fuck that.
D8F127C4-60A4-4CEA-9E22-0585966CFDA8.jpeg

I'll do some draggy numbers after a few revisions on it

Last edited:

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Hey don't hate on the weather out here! It's going to be a beautiful week (not normal)! I'm too poor to live where the weather is nice haha.

Screenshot_20220723-121259_Weather.jpg
Sponsored