First Name
Haz
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hazvisions.media
Car(s)
Supra A90
Hey guys just wanted to share the results of the latest mod install, I've put the full carbon Arma Speed Intake onto the Supra here are the sound results:

Sponsored

SCZ4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3.0 Pro
Love the sound on throttle, nice induction and turbo note, awesome!

But that noise when you come off the throttle would wear thin VERY quickly and embarrassing in and around town IMO :)

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23ā€™ 3.0 Base
Sounds like someone installed an intake with the stock exhaust, maybe a high flow downpipe? This is how most of them sound FYI.

Was hoping your *(results) was going to be dyno/draggy etc, not the noise that they all make.

OP
OP
Haz.Supra

Haz.Supra

First Name
Haz
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hazvisions.media
Car(s)
Supra A90
Sounds like someone installed an intake with the stock exhaust, maybe a high flow downpipe? This is how most of them sound FYI.
Indeed I do still have the stock exhaust unfortunately until tomorrow ;)

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
Armaspeed is best sounding intake IMO. For function and wow factor visually the dinan wins and some people prefer the tame sound. Sound is a subjective thing tho

Hien

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium (Nocturnal, Automatic)
Is it louder and more pronounced with stock exhaust? Because mine does not sound as loud with AWE Exhaust

BrettMRC

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, Defender, Rx400h
Haven't heard a good turbo whistle and BOV noise in I don't know how long!
Brilliant! :D

jRuN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, 2017 Ram 1500 Sport
Since we don't have a BOV what is actually occurring that makes the similar sound when we let off? Is it compressor surge? If it is, isn't that bad for turbos?

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
Is it louder and more pronounced with stock exhaust? Because mine does not sound as loud with AWE Exhaust
I had it on my catless aweā€¦ itā€™s loud AF the armaspeed. it actually drowns out some exhaust sound. I prefer it over my dinan intakes more subtle sound but some people would prefer to hear the exhaust more. You hear the armaspeed every time u let off throttle and i see how it can get old to some people but i love it thatā€™s why Iā€™m switch back.

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
Also Iā€™m probably gonna list my intake and inlet for 525 plus shipping whenever my arma gets here hopefully soon ECS has shit customer service im pretty upset with them. Worst case you could buy mine for a discount new they are 470 for the intake and 150 for the inlet plus tax. If you donā€™t like it sell it and recoup the money you should be able to get the same money for it or you like it and you got a discount.

Pizza

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazda Rx-8, 2023 Nocturnal 3.0 Premium (MT)
Since we don't have a BOV what is actually occurring that makes the similar sound when we let off? Is it compressor surge? If it is, isn't that bad for turbos?
The flutter you're hearing when we let off the throttle is the wastegate releasing the excess pressure. The DME uses a combination of the throttle plate, valve lift, & wastegate as the oem pressure relief. So the "trapped air" is able to still flow forward rather than surging back into the compressor.
Sponsored