Magnaflow Xmod Exhaust Tip Replacements?

ViperTwo4

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra GR 3.0
I recently got the Xmod Magnaflow exhaust for my A90, but one of the tips has a slight scuff in them. Wondering if anybody knows where I could find replacement tips?
Sponsored

DaBear723

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
I recently got the Xmod Magnaflow exhaust for my A90, but one of the tips has a slight scuff in them. Wondering if anybody knows where I could find replacement tips?
Same. I've had mine for about 3 years now and I'm not sure if the heat has messed up the clear coat or whatever but its looking pretty bad. I may contact Magnaflow about it. I wonder if anyone else with carbon fiber tips on any other brands are having the same issues?

OP
OP
ViperTwo4

ViperTwo4

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra GR 3.0
Same. I've had mine for about 3 years now and I'm not sure if the heat has messed up the clear coat or whatever but its looking pretty bad. I may contact Magnaflow about it. I wonder if anyone else with carbon fiber tips on any other brands are having the same issues?

Yeah, nothing on the website about selling the Xmod tips :(

SupraTR

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 Premium; Mazda CX-5
I may contact Magnaflow about it.
I'm guessing they will offer to sell or replace the tips. They are a relatively large company and I don't see much negative said so I've got to think they have decent customer service. Really though I just want you to reach out for my own purposes so that I can know if replacement is an option, I'm planning to get either XMOD or FI exhaust later this year and will go with carbon tips.

DaBear723

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
I did contact MagnaFlow about buying replacement carbon tips a few days ago. I know they donā€™t have a warranty on carbon fiber bits but it would be nice to buy replacement tips. I have yet to to get a response from them but Iā€™ll keep you guys posted on what happens.

DaBear723

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
I'm planning to get either XMOD or FI exhaust later this year and will go with carbon tips.
I thought about FI before I got the magnaflow but I heard the magnaflow and I was sold. And I did like that it was modular also but found I just used the the straight pipe set up and eventually pulled the fuse to keep the exhaust open completely šŸ˜…. I never heard the FI in person but now Iā€™m wondering if having the carbon wrap around the ends like the magnaflow does was a design flaw.

SupraTR

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I thought about FI before I got the magnaflow but I heard the magnaflow and I was sold. And I did like that it was modular also but found I just used the the straight pipe set up and eventually pulled the fuse to keep the exhaust open completely šŸ˜…. I never heard the FI in person but now Iā€™m wondering if having the carbon wrap around the ends like the magnaflow does was a design flaw.
Any issues with the magnaflow other than the tips? Sounds like you're loving the sound. Wouldn't mind convincing myself to go magnaflow and save myself a few hundred bucks.

DaBear723

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Any issues with the magnaflow other than the tips? Sounds like you're loving the sound. Wouldn't mind convincing myself to go magnaflow and save myself a few hundred bucks.
Its a great exhaust. Absolutely love how it sounds. It turns peoples heads before they even see the car coming. Loud but not in an obnoxious way.

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Love mine too, but my tips are also starting to look like doo doo. Mainly the driver side one since that one is literally always open. I'd honestly like some sort of non carbon tip replacement option from them as well.

SupraTR

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
In case anyone was curious, I did reach out to Magnaflow as to whether they sell replacement tips. Below is the response I ended up with:

Unfortunately, we do not sell just the separate components from within our systems. The kits are pre-packaged as kits and we do not have a separate part numbers available for each section individually. Tip deterioration will always play a roll on the environment the vehicle is in as well so dependent on the customers who have had issues with their tips discoloring may have their vehicles in environments that fluctuates and have harsh conditions that the system will go through.

OP
OP
ViperTwo4

ViperTwo4

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra GR 3.0
In case anyone was curious, I did reach out to Magnaflow as to whether they sell replacement tips. Below is the response I ended up with:

Unfortunately, we do not sell just the separate components from within our systems. The kits are pre-packaged as kits and we do not have a separate part numbers available for each section individually. Tip deterioration will always play a roll on the environment the vehicle is in as well so dependent on the customers who have had issues with their tips discoloring may have their vehicles in environments that fluctuates and have harsh conditions that the system will go through.
well...that kinda sucks

DaBear723

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Well at least they responded to you, they never emailed me back about it. This will make me second guess buying magnaflow again or even recommend it to anyone. Thatā€™s too bad as I really like how it sounds.

SupraTR

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It took about a week (whereas I also emailed a question to AWE and received a response in less than 24 hours). Made the decision to pull the trigger on AWE all the easier. I figure if I really feel I need the valve after installing AWE for a while I can also resell it and then try again, but I have no interest in having tips that look garbage in a year or two.

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Yeah I'm not really stoked on their customer service either. I reached out to them once about the tips being uneven regardless of how many adjustments I made. I received a rather dry response saying that I need to have either both mufflers or both deletes on for the tips to be even, which did not work by the way, with no other resolution offered. I will say that the tips aren't off by more than maybe half an inch and its mostly just me being OCD about it. But for a $2000 exhaust I would expect better.

In regard to not being able to buy replacement tips, I'd think that would be one of the main advantages of having a modular exhaust..... I love the way the exhaust sounds but I most likely wont ever buy from Magnaflow again.
Sponsored