BG500

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Supra
hi guys
need you help, I'm thinking about ordering the V4 front splitter, but I'm not sure what finish I should go for (textured of gloss, I don't want the "carbon" look)
how well does the textured plastic match up to the OEM matt black plastic?
the splitter bolts on directly to the OEM splitter so a mismatch would be a killer for my OCD ;)
if any has a side by side pics of OEM plastic and Maxton textured finish I would greatly appreciate it 😊
Sponsored

What2JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Toyota Supra
I have been wondering this too. Since alot of it is preorder, I think we have to wait till it lands to find out.

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (sold), 2023 F150 Tremor
You could order gloss and wrap it in clear matte, if needed. Not sure if you can go the other way and make a matte surface glossy.

Does the gloss/matte contrast on the mirror cap vs a-pillar bother you (assuming you have the matte mirror caps)?

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (sold), 2023 F150 Tremor
Pro tip - I ordered my maxton lip (not installed yet) from their EU site and received it within a month (while it’s still listed as preorder on the US site). Also saved $20+. Just use a credit card that doesn’t have foreign transaction fees.

_Sp1ral0ut

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tahoe, Razor E100
I ordered the gloss black. It's the V1 lip, but that shouldn't matter when it comes to the color.
1649262053565.png

OP
OP
BG500

BG500

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Supra
You could order gloss and wrap it in clear matte, if needed. Not sure if you can go the other way and make a matte surface glossy.

Does the gloss/matte contrast on the mirror cap vs a-pillar bother you (assuming you have the matte mirror caps)?
Hi, thanks that's not a bad idea 👍
No the mirrors don't bother me, but I have center of the hood wrapped in matt (car is nocturnal black) and it's not exactly the same shade as the oem plastic so adding another piece which is a again bit of would probably be bit too much 😉

OP
OP
BG500

BG500

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Supra
Hi guys, thanks for the feedback! will order a gloss one and based on the pic posted by Sp1ralOut ( thanks buddy! )I'm actually going to go for V1 as it looks great and is probably less prone to be ripped off on our crappy roads in the winter, as it's a bit slimmer

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
Hi guys, thanks for the feedback! will order a gloss one and based on the pic posted by Sp1ralOut ( thanks buddy! )I'm actually going to go for V1 as it looks great and is probably less prone to be ripped off on our crappy roads in the winter, as it's a bit slimmer

I have the v2 installed..ordered it gloss black but when it arrived the lip looked a little to plasticky for my taste..
Had it wrapped in satin black..
It now blends in perfectly with the factory pieces..

Steve

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Mine is gloss black and looks great. I am told textured looks like unfinished plastic. The gloss black, to me, most closely matches the OEM trim.

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
Mine is gloss black and looks great. I am told textured looks like unfinished plastic. The gloss black, to me, most closely matches the OEM trim.
Yeah, their textured looks like rhino-liner on their website and the carbon fiber just looks weird.

I was going to match my V2 to the OEM matte back pieces, but decided to leave it gloss black. It matches the gloss black of the A pillars, mirror trim and rear emblem.

OP
OP
BG500

BG500

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Supra
great, now just waiting to get it shipped, Maxton UK actually had these in stock so it should get here next week, if I'm lucky
any tips on installing these ?
do I have to pull the front bumper off or can it be done under the car?
as far as I can see the splitter comes with bolts and nuts, but I don't see how I can get to the top side of the OEM splitter to get the nuts mounted without taking the bumper off? or is there an easier way to do this?

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
great, now just waiting to get it shipped, Maxton UK actually had these in stock so it should get here next week, if I'm lucky
any tips on installing these ?
do I have to pull the front bumper off or can it be done under the car?
as far as I can see the splitter comes with bolts and nuts, but I don't see how I can get to the top side of the OEM splitter to get the nuts mounted without taking the bumper off? or is there an easier way to do this?
The bumper doesn't have to be removed. I installed mine in my garage by myself. I only had to remove the multiple 8mm bolts which hold up the 3 piece black underbody panels. The access to the screw mounting holes are a tight squeeze, but it can be done with some patience. I suggest drilling the holes slightly bigger than the screws so you have some room to shift the lip if necessary to align properly with all the corners and mounting areas.

OP
OP
BG500

BG500

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Supra
The bumper doesn't have to be removed. I installed mine in my garage by myself. I only had to remove the multiple 8mm bolts which hold up the 3 piece black underbody panels. The access to the screw mounting holes are a tight squeeze, but it can be done with some patience. I suggest drilling the holes slightly bigger than the screws so you have some room to shift the lip if necessary to align properly with all the corners and mounting areas.
Thanks buddy!
now it's a waiting game.. I wish I had more patience... but I'm stuck with a patience of a 3 year old waiting for an ice cream so ... 😝

sbodnar

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2015 ML400, 2014 CLA, 2007 G35X
Heads up you may want to call... Just received FedEx tracking# on my V2 black spoiler for 4/15 delivery. Bought from UroTuning on 4/8. Original date was estimated at July on their website.
Already had one on my car, but unfortunately a flying tire tread went through it last weekend! You may want call them to see if they have others available.
By the way, the gloss black was a little off from oem black for me, so I prepped, adhesion promoted and painted with Wurth or one of the other brands of satin black. Looks like I will be repeating the process!
Sponsored