Need help please!!

_ts.mkv_

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I put my car under a cover because we had some bad storms and when I took it off this morning several weird spots showed up on the clear bra. Not sure if moister somehow got under the ppf or what but the cover has spots on the underside exactly where the spots on the car are.

The spots will not go away with heat application and are smooth to the touch like normal. If anyone know what happened or what I can do to fix this please let me know, otherwise i will just remove it and ppf the front end.

IMG_9349.jpeg

IMG_9350.jpeg
Sponsored

NicKnack

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1991 Toyota MR2, 2023 Toyota Supra MT
Do you have a strip of PPF across the front of the hood? if so it almost looks like moisture or something got underneath it and it's starting to lift in those spots.

Alternatively, if you run your finger over those spots, what does it feel like? Does it feel sticky/does it grab your finger? If so you might need chemicals or something like claybar or an eraser wheel to remove that, or maybe some adhesive remover.

It could be a lot of things, but starting with what it feels like when you run your hand/fingers across it will help give some direction

OP
OP
_ts.mkv_

_ts.mkv_

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Do you have a strip of PPF across the front of the hood? if so it almost looks like moisture or something got underneath it and it's starting to lift in those spots.

Alternatively, if you run your finger over those spots, what does it feel like? Does it feel sticky/does it grab your finger? If so you might need chemicals or something like claybar or an eraser wheel to remove that, or maybe some adhesive remover.

It could be a lot of things, but starting with what it feels like when you run your hand/fingers across it will help give some direction
Yes it’s the factory ppf.

When I rub my finger or hand across it, it’s snotty like the rest of the ppf that doesn’t have splotches. I was thinking moisture too because of the spots on the cover as well but doesn’t make sense to me that it would end up in those spots of the ppf and nowhere else.

some guys on fb said could be dirt under the ppf but the spots were not there before it rained and another said that his did this and he let it sit in the sun and it healed itself.

NicKnack

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1991 Toyota MR2, 2023 Toyota Supra MT
Yes it’s the factory ppf.

When I rub my finger or hand across it, it’s snotty like the rest of the ppf that doesn’t have splotches. I was thinking moisture too because of the spots on the cover as well but doesn’t make sense to me that it would end up in those spots of the ppf and nowhere else.

some guys on fb said could be dirt under the ppf but the spots were not there before it rained and another said that his did this and he let it sit in the sun and it healed itself.
Were there any air pockets, even tiny ones in the PPF? If so that means air is trapped and subsequently that under the right conditions, moisture could form.

You could try leaving it the sun all day and see if it dries up. Alternatively if you have a heat gun, you can try making passes back and forth across the spots, just make sure you don't leave the gun pointed at one place or get too close/touch the PPF with it.

OP
OP
_ts.mkv_

_ts.mkv_

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Were there any air pockets, even tiny ones in the PPF? If so that means air is trapped and subsequently that under the right conditions, moisture could form.

You could try leaving it the sun all day and see if it dries up. Alternatively if you have a heat gun, you can try making passes back and forth across the spots, just make sure you don't leave the gun pointed at one place or get too close/touch the PPF with it.
There weren't any holes in the ppf that i was aware of but very well could have been.

Yes, i used a heat gun and made passes for about 5 minutes on one spot with no visible change so i will be leaving it out in the sun tomorrow to see if it clears up.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I would put it under the hot sun for an entire day. UV can do wonders. If that doesn't work, replace it.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Do you have a squeegee? Try gently poking those areas

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
It could possibly be under the clear coat as well. I had the same spots on my Honda awhile ago. Had a car cover outdoors. It took a week for the Sun to dry it out and disappeared under the clear coat. Hopefully in your sake it’s just the PPF. Car covers do more harm than good sometimes outdoors..