Squeak when engaging clutch

Ytsejam

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 Focus ST, 2024 Supra MT
Hello,
I've been a long time lurker on the forum and finally picked up a 2024 Supra 3.0 MT in late April this year. The car has been fantastic but I noticed a squeak when engaging reverse or 1st gear when the car is cold.

Below is an embedded video and a link to the video on youtube. It may be difficult to hear over the engine but there is a squeak when I release the clutch and engage 1st or Reverse gear.

The car does not squeak after car is warm...it only occurs when car is cold. It does not squeak when car is running, transmission is in neutral, and I release the clutch pedal. It does not squeak when car is turned off and I manipulate the clutch pedal. The car has 882 miles and is not modified.

I assume it's the transmission throwout bearing but I didn't find any existing threads on it. Is this a common issue or a typical BMW thing? I heard the rattley hood latches and squeaky clutch pedal are common BMW issues so I figured this might be one of those.

Sponsored

SlowFreddy

First Name
Freddy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra GTS 6MT
Can just barely hear it, I don't have this issue on my Supra. Other than brake pad squeak, the only thing I can think of is clutch pedal mechanism squeak (is the noise coming from interior?), clutch master cylinder (I had similar noise on my 86, had to lube the plunger which was accessible from the interior with a type of silicon lube to get rid of it), slave cylinder squeak, clutch throwout bearing/mechanism squeak (had this issue on my 86 which is well documented and there was a TSB released, but this occurred around 80k km).

BackToBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 3.0 MT
I could easily hear it in the video. Since the car is so new, I would take it to the dealership and see what they say. If they refuse to do any fix on it, at least you have it documented, so later on if something goes wrong with the clutch, you would have something to argue with. Toyota claims clutch to be a wear item, so if something goes wrong and you got nothing on hand, it'd be very hard to argue with them.

OP
OP

Ytsejam

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 Focus ST, 2024 Supra MT
Thank you for the responses so far. I think it's unlikely that the noise is from the interior. It echoes off the garage walls and gets noticibly more difficult to hear after I've backed out of the garage. I can open the hood and see if that makes it louder.

I'll schedule an appointment with the nearest dealer week.

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP
Honestly I think you are looking for things to worry about.

Phil
Sponsored