Supra on Best Motoring

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I thought folks in Japan were even less interested in sports cars than us in the USA. I don't remember talking to anyone from Japan recently that were into cars besides ones reading up on magazines and gossiping like a useless trend hopper.

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
I thought folks in Japan were even less interested in sports cars than us in the USA. I don't remember talking to anyone from Japan recently that were into cars besides ones reading up on magazines and gossiping like a useless trend hopper.

Japan's sports car scene is insanely massive

bigcat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
You are correct, and that's the trend especially in younger generation.

I discussed that with some Japanese friends.
Car price and the Maintenance fees are much more expensive than 90's, metro and bus are so convenient in Japan, most of young Japanese ppl don't want to spend that much money on cars.

DK said similar things in another interview.

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had:Yellow 2l Have: Red 3l

The other one. They prefered 2.0 due to much lighter feeling, 3.0 more of a GT/fast road car.

Last edited:

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
+1 Bunch of my Japanese friends don't even own a car. Let's just say they're not car enthusiasts... But I mean domestic cars are tiny...

Jeonsa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
N/A
You are correct, and that's the trend especially in younger generation.

I discussed that with some Japanese friends.
Car price and the Maintenance fees are much more expensive than 90's, metro and bus are so convenient in Japan, most of young Japanese ppl don't want to spend that much money on cars.

DK said similar things in another interview.
Yep, a lot of the friends I have in Japan love cars but they say similar things. I will say their car community isn’t as toxic as it is in the states (they are usually pretty accepting of new cars like the MKV Supra).
On a side note, If you guys watch Drift King Television on YouTube Keiichi has pretty interesting interactions with younger enthusiasts, I enjoy a lot of the videos.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..

The other one. They prefered 2.0 duo to much lighter feeling, 3.0 more of a GT/fast road car.
I especially liked the part about doridori having short legs because he's from the shakotan era. lol

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
Heres a new vid I believe - versus the 2.0 Z4.

Sponsored