Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, 2020 Porsche Macan

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
I'm not sure if this completely fixes it, but I think it's certainly an improvement.

1711811073138-nx.png
Definitely improves it a bit. But yea my thoughts are, you shouldn't HAVE to get major aftermarket body parts on a new car, just to make it acceptable.

Last edited:

GMsuperfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91 Refraction, 68 Camaro SS, 17 GTI
Poor BMW, i bet a fair number of folks would have jumped from the Supra platform and other vehicles to the M2 if they hadn't designed it while on acid....I find it hard to believe this design will age well, but that's just me. The current gen M3/M4 with buck tooth grills still looks hideous to me yet people are buying them up like crazy because of their capabilities.

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
Poor BMW, i bet a fair number of folks would have jumped from the Supra platform and other vehicles to the M2 if they hadn't designed it while on acid....I find it hard to believe this design will age well, but that's just me. The current gen M3/M4 with buck tooth grills still looks hideous to me yet people are buying them up like crazy because of their capabilities.
I am asked here how my car drives. They know the looks. 2 took a test at the dealer and did purchase an M2. They enjoyed driving it. Ultimately one does have to drive to enjoy a car. Looks are always subjective of course. I notice of course the styling of the M2 is one that keeps people talking good and bad. The driving experience is not too much in question lol. Fun drive it is.

GMsuperfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I am asked here how my car drives. They know the looks. 2 took a test at the dealer and did purchase an M2. They enjoyed driving it. Ultimately one does have to drive to enjoy a car. Looks are always subjective of course. I notice of course the styling of the M2 is one that keeps people talking good and bad. The driving experience is not too much in question lol. Fun drive it is.
There's not debating it's performance, don't think you'll get anyone questioning that. I'd say there is ultimately a balance of many factors people consider when buying a vehicle but design/look has to be among the top factors....so may are taken out of the pool immediately with the design they chose to slap on this vehicle. Personally, i don't care if theres a 9 second car out of the box if it looks like a steaming pile of $hit. It's really too bad, especially since this is likely the last round of manuals in BMW's.

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
There's not debating it's performance, don't think you'll get anyone questioning that. I'd say there is ultimately a balance of many factors people consider when buying a vehicle but design/look has to be among the top factors....so may are taken out of the pool immediately with the design they chose to slap on this vehicle. Personally, i don't care if theres a 9 second car out of the box if it looks like a steaming pile of $hit. It's really too bad, especially since this is likely the last round of manuals in BMW's.
The M2 honestly doesn't look that bad in real life. It's certainly no Supra but it's actually better than you might think. And the M2s interior really leaves our cars for dead. Pity its in a completely different price bracket here though.. Our prices are all way different to the US: The M2 costs way more here than the Supra while the Nismo Z on the other hand, comes in a little cheaper than the Supra! 🤷‍♂️

GMsuperfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The M2 honestly doesn't look that bad in real life. It's certainly no Supra but it's actually better than you might think. And the M2s interior really leaves our cars for dead. Pity its in a completely different price bracket here though.. Our prices are all way different to the US: The M2 costs way more here than the Supra while the Nismo Z on the other hand, comes in a little cheaper than the Supra! 🤷‍♂️
I've seen quite a few of them in person actually (baby blue, red/orange, black) and i still think the same thing....it's FUGLY. All black certainly helps but yeah, the story of cant polish a turd comes to mind.

Danimal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium 3.0
I’m with you on all points here. In person, M2 looks good to me, interior is great. I drove one and really loved it but just couldn’t justify the price over the Supra.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
About the same here. I was looking for a M2 or Z4 and found the Zupra. At the time they were about $10k more and weighed more. So it was a no brainer for me to buy one with a Toyota badge on it. I’ve seen a few M2s in the wild now and gotta say, they’ve grown on me big time! If someone needed a rear seats, wasn’t tracking a lot, it’d be my choice. But…. I‘m a BMW lover. They (and most German cars) have such a solid feel.

I've seen quite a few of them in person actually (baby blue, red/orange, black) and i still think the same thing....it's FUGLY. All black certainly helps but yeah, the story of cant polish a turd comes to mind.
GM has always had that AC Delco cheap save a buck plastic parts look & feel (to me). I gave into Ford a few times for the wife. Not as bad as GM but I still don’t care for the cars too much. The American cars have a rental car, wet napkin, disposable feel to them. To each their own for sure. That’s just me 😉

GMsuperfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
About the same here. I was looking for a M2 or Z4 and found the Zupra. At the time they were about $10k more and weighed more. So it was a no brainer for me to buy one with a Toyota badge on it. I’ve seen a few M2s in the wild now and gotta say, they’ve grown on me big time! If someone needed a rear seats, wasn’t tracking a lot, it’d be my choice. But…. I‘m a BMW lover. They (and most German cars) have such a solid feel.

GM has always had that AC Delco cheap save a buck plastic parts look & feel (to me). I gave into Ford a few times for the wife. Not as bad as GM but I still don’t care for the cars too much. The American cars have a rental car, wet napkin, disposable feel to them. To each their own for sure. That’s just me 😉
Agree with you 100%, the Corvette is the exception. Every other current GM product is very meh. I'd call current Cadillac V-series lineup pretty interesting but not sure they are converting anyone who would have bought an M3/M4/M5 to their product line. The only GM we currently own is from when they were back in their heyday and knew how to make a car.....1967-1971. ;-)
Sponsored