2.0 JB4 or Femto+Bm3 route?

DiverSupra

First Name
Kwinten
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra mk5 2.0, BMW 318i E30, Audi A3 tsfi
I'm looking to get a little bit more out of my b48. Looking to upgrade it further down the road with DP and some other bolt on mods. Femto+bm3 is around 1200€for me while jb4 is 500€ish. should i go for the unlock and bm3 despite the higher cost?
Sponsored

Soliduz

First Name
Zelda
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra
Jb4 is the simpler solution, pushes more out of your turbo. The unlock is a more complex and powerful tuning solution. Up to you how in depth you want to take it

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
Get the ECU Unlocked - but I will ask you this....why are you spending money on the 4 cylinder when you could have the 6 cyl model with more power and better differential stock?

just something to think about...

OP
OP
DiverSupra

DiverSupra

First Name
Kwinten
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra mk5 2.0, BMW 318i E30, Audi A3 tsfi
Get the ECU Unlocked - but I will ask you this....why are you spending money on the 4 cylinder when you could have the 6 cyl model with more power and better differential stock?

just something to think about...
I wish it was just the 12000€ diffrence that it costs here. but sadly it is more than that. In belguim there are seriously high taxes on cars that are more powerful than they need to be for road use. This car will run me about 1500€on yearly tax while the 3.0 would be near 6K! This + that i am 20 years old and would pay a crazy insurance premium on the 380hp it has now. This way i will try to push 350HP out of the car reliably without it being in the papers and still have an "affordable" insurance/road tax.