AWE TRACK IN CANADA / DECIBEL MEASUREMENTS?!?!?!

VeeKay10

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
  • Banned
Does anybody here own the AWE Track exhaust and run it in Canada? I am worried about getting pulled over, the law here is to have a resonator and muffler and keep it below 95 decibels. I was wondering if anybody has this exhaust in California or Ontario and if they get bothered for it. The last thing I want to deal with is getting tickets every time Iā€™m trying to enjoy my car. They advertise it as 50 state legal including California but Iā€™m not so sure!
Sponsored

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23ā€™ 3.0 Base
Which downpipe? Honestly if youā€™re concerned at all just get the Touring setup. It sounds amazing and is just the best exhaust for the car, regardless of downpipe.

OP
OP
VeeKay10

VeeKay10

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
  • Banned
Stock dp, I want the car to be loud and good sounding but not a cop magnet if you get what Iā€™m saying

OP
OP
VeeKay10

VeeKay10

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
  • Banned
Iā€™m so twisted right now because I want a great sounding exhaust and donā€™t want to miss out on a great exhaust, this car is driven 3 -4 times a week max i donā€™t want to just buy the touring edition and not feel a difference but if I get the track edition I think it will be a cop magnet, whatā€™s the move!?

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Iā€™m so twisted right now because I want a great sounding exhaust and donā€™t want to miss out on a great exhaust, this car is driven 3 -4 times a week max i donā€™t want to just buy the touring edition and not feel a difference but if I get the track edition I think it will be a cop magnet, whatā€™s the move!?
Get the touring instead of the track. Sounds fantastic with stock dp and it's not crazy loud.

OP
OP
VeeKay10

VeeKay10

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
  • Banned
A
Get the touring instead of the track. Sounds fantastic with stock dp and it's not crazy loud.
Alright, ill take your word for it, will update when it arrives!

OP
OP
VeeKay10

VeeKay10

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
  • Banned
Should i get the non resonated or resonated, i want it to be loud but not obnoxious Honda fart can loud

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
So I have lived with the Track version and have since converted to the Touring, resonated since that is what came with the Track. I do have the stock downpipe. The volume is honestly very close, damn near no difference. Iā€™ve seen the Touring get just over 90 at 3000 RPM and it can still get over 100 easily. Since there is no valve to quiet it down you may not want to go with an AWE if volume concerns you. Maybe have a look at the AFE exhaust instead. Allows you to keep the valve.

OP
OP
VeeKay10

VeeKay10

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
  • Banned
So I have lived with the Track version and have since converted to the Touring, resonated since that is what came with the Track. I do have the stock downpipe. The volume is honestly very close, damn near no difference. Iā€™ve seen the Touring get just over 90 at 3000 RPM and it can still get over 100 easily. Since there is no valve to quiet it down you may not want to go with an AWE if volume concerns you. Maybe have a look at the AFE exhaust instead. Allows you to keep the valve.
I really like AWE though, i still want it to be moderately loud and have a good tone with burbles but would you recommend resonated or non resonated?

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I really like AWE though, i still want it to be moderately loud and have a good tone with burbles but would you recommend resonated or non resonated?
I canā€™t give a definitive answer as I have only heard the non-resonated in videos and they sound the same to me. I love the sound of mine which is resonated but I know the non-resonated is recommended for the stock downpipe. Donā€™t really think you can go wrong with either.

OP
OP
VeeKay10

VeeKay10

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ok, thanks for your help!

OP
OP
VeeKay10

VeeKay10

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I canā€™t give a definitive answer as I have only heard the non-resonated in videos and they sound the same to me. I love the sound of mine which is resonated but I know the non-resonated is recommended for the stock downpipe. Donā€™t really think you can go wrong with either.
So are you saying the resonated touring is very similar to the track edition? Do you think the touring is loud enough when pushing it? I just want to be assured that if I see a cop the car wont be screaming and can sound stock

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
I'm running the touring non-resonated with a stock down pipe and I can honestly say it is just about perfect. Is it going to be legal there.. not sure. It burbles nicely in Sport mode and the burbles disappear when not in Sport mode.. whatever that is.

I also hear the track version may drone some, which is worth considering.

_Shy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 GR Supra 3.0
Currently running the track version with stock DP. Haven't been troubled by cops tbh. If your super worried about the volume then I'd say listen to the others and get the touring!

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So are you saying the resonated touring is very similar to the track edition? Do you think the touring is loud enough when pushing it? I just want to be assured that if I see a cop the car wont be screaming and can sound stock
Similar, yes, to my ears. Is the Touring loud enough, yes, plenty loud. Can the Touring sound stock, no, it will not sound like stock anymore. Can you keep the decibels low enough, yes, just have to be mindful. As @BMWAF mentioned, drone is why I switched so that is a factor. And if you want it to appear that you have a muffler or mufflers the rear resonators on the Touring will give you that.
Sponsored