B4xTU Capabilities / IM450 E85 Dyno Results

Kevin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2.0
Seems like my last post caused a lot of discussion haha. I think a lot of people were missing the point of the post. The competitor to the 2.0 Supra is NOT the 3.0 Supra. It's cars like the Type R, 718 Cayman, Golf R, Audi S3 etc. There's a long-standing myth that BMW 4-cylinders are very weak and untunable but that just isn't the case. Even to some people who have greater confidence in the engine say they don't see it going past 400whp. The pistons and rods (crank forging too) are the exact same found in the B58TU. This also extends to the fuel system, cooling system, and cylinder head design. BMW calls their "B" series engines modular and "lego-like." My dyno results on full e85 stock turbo coincides proportionally to what the B58 Supra does on stock turbo full e85.

350whp/4 Cylinders = 87.5 WHP per cylinder * 6 Cylinders = 525whp (crazy coincidence)

Of course its not exactly 1:1 but its a very good guide to follow when determining what this engine can do. There are numerous examples of B58TUs doing 900whp on a stock engine running 8s in the 1/4 mile. Albeit they might not last very long but they can do it AND perform. (900whp/6)*4=600whp

That being said I wanted to share these results with you guys from a G20 330i. It has the same exact B46TU found in the North American Supras like mine.

image0.jpeg

474whp/582lb-ft

STOCK ENGINE B46TU
IPOS Motorsport IM450 Turbo Upgrade
IPOS Motorsport Port Injection Kit w/ 550cc Injectors
IPOS Motorsport True-4 Inch Downpipe
Motiv Reflex+
E85 Tune from GoRaceBox on EcuTek

Watch this great video from Vehicular DIY where you can find more detailed information as well as a discussion of the motor's capabilities.

Not only is the engine outputting 6-cylinder numbers, its almost outputting 6-cylinder numbers with a maxed out stock turbo.

To the haters: my 2.0 supra handles better than your 3.0
Sponsored

KBGT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
I would assume the math pretty much follows the power per cylinder calculation you used. Not sure if the B48 uses a balance shaft or if that would even affect the capabilities of this smaller version of the B58.

I did 560 whp on 92 pump gas with a little W/M on a B58 with upgraded turbo and manifold. So you would think the B48 would do 373 whp with similar mods on 92 pump gas and W/M.

MKVeeeeee

First Name
giovanni
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 supra 2.0
Thank you so much for putting the time into this platform! Its a hidden gem
Sponsored