Car(s)
2020 Supra

Davidr3

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Feels like it would kill sales of all m car coupes. Any logical person takes a Supra over an m2 and m4 if engine is the same

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Feels like it would kill sales of all m car coupes. Any logical person takes a Supra over an m2 and m4 if engine is the same
That's a stretch. Many BMW fanbois and "what, I'm not getting a Toyota, eww" people out there.. And 4wd and 4dr and coupe and package/trims......
F8x sales >110K
G8x sales >163K...

But I do get your point. The G8x is heavy. So, a potential S58 on 3500lbs Supra would truly be a quick car, M2/3/4 killer. Thus it probably won't happen lol. It might but then be extremely limited....

Davidr3

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That's a stretch. Many BMW fanbois and "what, I'm not getting a Toyota, eww" people out there.. And 4wd and 4dr and coupe and package/trims......
F8x sales >110K
G8x sales >163K...
bro more then half of us are bmw people not Toyota people. Not a stretch by any means, sales would definitely take a hit. Everyone knows who’s the top dog for b58s, would be the same with the s58 if it came in the Supra

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (sold), 2023 F150 Tremor
Some people would want back seats, x drive, idrive 8, a hud with a tach, BMW techs, bmw lease rates, etc.

I would love to see the s58 in the Supra, FWIW.

Davidr3

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Some people would want back seats, x drive, idrive 8, a hud with a tach, BMW techs, bmw lease rates, etc.

yeah not saying nobody is gonna buy one. Just saying market would for sure take a hit for them IMO.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

Bmw lease rates are crap.

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra / 2019 Y61 Nissan Patrol
S58 on a supra chassis would be amazing. But if you give it a second to think about it, it's not a good move for bmw. The supra is already car that punches above it's weight. It's the underdog. The b58 is an amazing platform and no one expects this much power out of it. However, just purely considering power to weight ratios the supra would be superior to M3 M4 M2. XDrive ofc will be a pain in the ass for the supra. However, I still believe supra is going to be superior. The Supra yes is amazing and how is it's own thing, but for lack of a better word it's a discounted bmw. Why would you ever want to buy an M3 M4 or M2, when you can get the same power on a cheaper car. Even right now with b58 the supra is contending with said M2. It would be cheaper lighter and much faster.

P.S I'm a part of a supra group in the U.A.E we got someone in our group who works at the dealer ship. I asked him about the GRMN he said it was rumors. But he could also be lying about it because you know contracts and shit. Same thing happened when I asked him about the GT3 concept, but this time he said he can't talk about it lol.

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
I hope Toyota gets their hands on the S58 so they could make it sound better

Joebednar4

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Tata has already made the deal with BMW to source the engines for their upcoming Rover/Jag lines. I run a high end Euro import shop, and the Tata engines are complete shit. They've done nothing but deal with warranty issues since they came out. No idea on the S58 in the Supra, but doesn't seem likely for a small seller like the Supra.
Sponsored