Catback exhaust and warranty - Canada

5AMPWR

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Sti Sport tech - 2023 Manual 3.0 - On order
Looking to get a little more fun noises out of the Supra.

Does anyone have any info/comments/warnings around getting a cat back exhaust and potential warranty issues?
Sponsored

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
warranty is always a tricky question since some dealers are more strict than others, but bolt ons like catback exhaust/intakes will rarely have any adverse affects on warranty outside of the warranty for those specific items, so if your exhaust has an issue, but you've changed the catback, then most likely any repairs will be on you. But if your motor throws a rod out the bottom, they arent going to say your catback exhaust voided ur warranty. I take my car in with a catted dp/catback/intake and have no warranty issues ever.

94boosted

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R MT
You shouldn't have any issues with just a catback. If I had a warranty claim for anything that wasn't catastrophic (failed engine, trans, diff etc.) I'd have no issues taking the car into the dealer with the exhaust. But if it was a serious failure, I'd probably take the 2hrs it takes to swap the exhaust back to stock ;) I've got a catback on my car with the fake engine sounds coded out and it finally sounds the way it should have from the factory.

An intake or DP, in my opinion, is a bit riskier from a warranty perspective.
Sponsored