CATLESS DOWNPIPE NOT POPPING AS LOUD AS IT USE TO?

alex_mk5

First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
mk5
NEW TO THIS TUNING WORLD, I INSTALLED A TITAN CATLESS DOWNPIPE NOT TO LONG AGO RUNNING A JB4 IVE NOTICED WHEN I RUN E30 BLEND ITS NOWHERE NEAR AS LOUD OR DOES ANY POPPING COMPARED TO RUNNING REGULAR GAS.. ANYBODY HAVING THE SAME ISSUE OR KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM CAN BE?

ALSO BEEN RUNNING REGULAR GAS FOR ABOUT TWO FULL TANKS AND POPPING OR CRACKILING HASNT CAME BACK
Sponsored

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
OP
OP

alex_mk5

First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
mk5

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra / 2019 Y61 Nissan Patrol
YEA THAT MAKES SENSE COULD BE THE FLAP NOT WORKING CORRECTLY IMA GO TAKE A QUICK LOOK, THANKS FOR THE ADVICE
you can keep it open always while in comfort or sport with bimmer code and BM3
I feel like you’re yelling at me. Stop yelling. And be grateful for less pops. I wish I could just turn mine off completely
preferences preferences

OP
OP

alex_mk5

First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
mk5
UNFORTUNATLEY MY ECU IS LOCKED SO BM3 ISNT AN OPTION... I DID FIND A RESOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM IF ANY ONE IS HAVING ISSUES W THE SAME THING. I GUESS JB4 HAS ISSUES W OPENING AND CLOSING THE FLAP. SO IF YOU TURN UR LIGHT SIGNAL TO RIGHT AND HOLD DOWN THE BC BUTTON TILL IT FLASHES ITLL OPEN THE FLAP... THANKS FOR UR HELP GUYS

I CANT SCREAM BTW IM MUTE

OP
OP

alex_mk5

First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
mk5
CANT BROKE THE DAMM CAP LOCKS BUTTON

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP
NEW TO THIS TUNING WORLD, I INSTALLED A TITAN CATLESS DOWNPIPE NOT TO LONG AGO RUNNING A JB4 IVE NOTICED WHEN I RUN E30 BLEND ITS NOWHERE NEAR AS LOUD OR DOES ANY POPPING COMPARED TO RUNNING REGULAR GAS.. ANYBODY HAVING THE SAME ISSUE OR KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM CAN BE?

ALSO BEEN RUNNING REGULAR GAS FOR ABOUT TWO FULL TANKS AND POPPING OR CRACKILING HASNT CAME BACK
It's probably the self learning in the ECU modifying the STFT and LTFT ( short and long term fuel trims) Disconnect the battery for 60 seconds or pull the main ECU fuse for a minute this will clear the trims and see if it returns to the original exhaust sounds. It may take a few minutes to relearn the idle settings.

Phil

Last edited:

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
It's probably the self learning in the ECU modifying the STFT and LTFT ( short and long term fuel trims) Disconnect the battery for 60 seconds or pull the main ECU fuse for a minute this will clear the trims and see if it returns to the original exhaust sounds.

Phil
That’s not how these work.