Condensation/Water in headlight

TheSuds

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra Launch Edition
Today I noticed a large amount of condensation in my drivers side headlight. I know people have had similar issues with their taillights. any suggestions? Car is very much out of warranty.

water.jpeg
Sponsored

Jazee

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 2007 STI, 1991 Miata, 2012 5.0
Just started noticing the same issue on my drive side Launch Edition..

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
most likely, if no one tempered with headlight unit, moisture trapped in the headlight and cannot get out. on a sunny day, unplug headlight bulbs so that moisture can evaporate and get out and once moisture is gone put it back and make sure it is sealed. if it happens again, there's an issue with seal around your head light unit.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
on a sunny day, unplug headlight bulbs so that moisture can evaporate and get out and once moisture is gone put it back and make sure it is sealed. if it happens again, there's an issue with seal around your head light unit.
What head light bulbs? These aren't halogens. Only thing you can remove is the LED ecu.

Damn dishonest headlights!

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP
Today I noticed a large amount of condensation in my drivers side headlight. I know people have had similar issues with their taillights. any suggestions? Car is very much out of warranty.

water.jpeg
I've had this issue on motorcycle headlights albeit not LED type but large plastic lenses ( Ducati 1198) and the fix is to remove the lamps and use a heat gun or hair dryer and dry them out then refit the lamps and they are fine. In the case of the Supra I'd drill a 10mm hole somewhere discrete in the back of the housing if possible and use the same technique. Maybe even use some 5mm plastic tube taped to the hairdryer and inserted in the 10mm hole so you can feed in the warm air and also have room for it to circulate out as well. Once dried out use a rubber grommet to seal it up. Once they are dried out they generally don't have the issue again unless you've carried out this process in a very humid location. Thats how the issue arises initially. manufactured and fully sealed in a somewhat humid environment.

Phil

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Jesus. No need to drill anything. Take the led ecu out and it opens up to the inside.

Facepalm. Some of you guys could use a glance at the workshop manual.

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP
Jesus. No need to drill anything. Take the led ecu out and it opens up to the inside.

Facepalm. Some of you guys could use a glance at the workshop manual.
Well thats perfect then. Access the interior of the headlight assy via the LED ECU, dry it out with a heat source and re assemble. Fixed.

Phil