End of the line for Supra in the UK?

SCZ4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3.0 Pro
I have been getting quotes from different dealers for a month, and all of them are shit, nowhere near where I wanted/thought it would be, even given the rarity/color/low mileage of mine, in the UK. 🫣 might be different in US...
The UK market itself has shat itself in the last 6 months. Even on my used Supra (2020) I think I've lost £7k in one year since buying it. You can see on Autotrader there are a number of manuals with a few thousand miles that have been for sale for 3+ months at £16k+ below RRP.

I don't think it's necessarily just a reflection on the manual Supra. However, as someone who had 1 of 7 manual BMW 550i's M Sport tourings in the UK, whilst I thought it was super cool , I was clearly in the minority and dealers weren't interested in it as a trade in knowing they'd be stuck with it, so really low balled any offers. In the end, an enthusiast who shared my appreciation got in touch via a forum and asked to buy it.
Sponsored

BrettMRC

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, Defender, Rx400h
Wow thanks for sharing very interesting!

Well, my Manual Supra was apparently the 3rd one or so registered in the whole country after release, it was built Aug-22 and delivered end of Sept-22.

If they sold about 70 manuals in all of 2023 we can assume perhaps around 25-30-ish in 2022 Q4? (This accounts for extra pre-orders built up).

That makes it very rare, *on paper*...

However, what I can say, and it goes against what I hear a lot on this forum, the car is just not desirable, and resale is piss poor.

I have been getting quotes from different dealers for a month, and all of them are shit, nowhere near where I wanted/thought it would be, even given the rarity/color/low mileage of mine, in the UK. 🫣 might be different in US...
Interesting, mine was registered on the 17th August! 🤓

BrettMRC

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm sure I read somewhere the UK was allocated 100 manuals? :hmm:

eliotrw

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ice Grey 3.0
I think it will be back, just maybe in more limited capacity (think grmn only)

However, for sure as above, you can't ignore the fact the UK car market is ass atm, something has to give.

On one side, older vehicles are worth way more than they used to be ever since covid (i'm talking OLD, like 10-15 years) cars which would have been 2k are now 4.5k cars which would have been 5k are like 8k

On the other side, New cars are more expensive and selling slower thanks in part to PCP rates of like 9%, in the middle you have the situation with premium second hand cars.

700 taycans for sale used for instance, there is no market to for those at all really.

Also Range Rovers, they are basically uninsurable in london now.....

Schang105

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, 2020 Porsche Macan
Wow thanks for sharing very interesting!

Well, my Manual Supra was apparently the 3rd one or so registered in the whole country after release, it was built Aug-22 and delivered end of Sept-22.

If they sold about 70 manuals in all of 2023 we can assume perhaps around 25-30-ish in 2022 Q4? (This accounts for extra pre-orders built up).

That makes it very rare, *on paper*...

However, what I can say, and it goes against what I hear a lot on this forum, the car is just not desirable, and resale is piss poor.

It's not just you, wholesale values have been dropping like a brick, although that's not just the Supra, honestly. High interest rates and minimal incentives to refinance bringing used prices back to earth.

Malcolm Feth

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0

BrettMRC

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Sunstorm

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Yaris, A90 Edition Supra
You can mostly work it out from the dates of when models started to be registered.

That shows the following:

TOYOTA SUPRA A90 AUTO - Limited Launch Edition - 24 in the UK (90 in the EU)
TOYOTA SUPRA FUJI SPEEDWAY AUTO - Limited 2.0l Launch Edition - 40
TOYOTA SUPRA JARAMA RACE TRACK ED A - Limited Edition - 30 in the UK (90 in the EU)
TOYOTA SUPRA SPECIAL EDITION - Limited Manual Launch Edition - 17
TOYOTA SUPRA PRO - Manual Edition as it's only started being registered from Q4-2022 - 33
TOYOTA SUPRA PRO AUTO - 942 (Split 125 2.0l and 687 3.0l)

The only unknown is the Supra non-Pro editions, I can't see a substantial increase on any of the other models (Supra, Supra Auto, etc) in 2019, but you'd have to think not many people opted for a non-pro anyway?

This would suggest in total there are around 1086 in the UK, licensed or SORN.

eliotrw

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ice Grey 3.0
I dunno about values being that bad..

According to my maths, it seems i have probably lost 10% in 2 years?

Sunstorm

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just out of interest, it looks like BMW have sold
Z4 M40I - (including launch edition) 1529
Z4 Sdrive30i - (including M sport) 1022
Z4 Sdrive20i - 360

For a total of 2911 Z4s in the same period.

Looking at cars for sale just on a couple of websites:
Pistonheads is showing 14 GR Supras for sale and Autotrader shows 64 for sale.
Pistonheads shows 72 Z4 roadsters (2019 on) and Autotrader shows 176 for sale.

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
You can mostly work it out from the dates of when models started to be registered.

That shows the following:

TOYOTA SUPRA A90 AUTO - Limited Launch Edition - 24 in the UK (90 in the EU)
TOYOTA SUPRA FUJI SPEEDWAY AUTO - Limited 2.0l Launch Edition - 40
TOYOTA SUPRA JARAMA RACE TRACK ED A - Limited Edition - 30 in the UK (90 in the EU)
TOYOTA SUPRA SPECIAL EDITION - Limited Manual Launch Edition - 17
TOYOTA SUPRA PRO - Manual Edition as it's only started being registered from Q4-2022 - 33
TOYOTA SUPRA PRO AUTO - 942 (Split 125 2.0l and 687 3.0l)

The only unknown is the Supra non-Pro editions, I can't see a substantial increase on any of the other models (Supra, Supra Auto, etc) in 2019, but you'd have to think not many people opted for a non-pro anyway?

This would suggest in total there are around 1086 in the UK, licensed or SORN.
I'm one of them 😅 (non Pro)

This might sound silly but it genuinely pisses me off, the reason I didn't get the Pro is because I think the choice of wording is absolutely ridiculous.

Aa far as I know the "Pro" has 0% performance improvements what so ever, if anything, it weighs more.

The word "Pro" would have suggested something similar to "competition" on an M car, perhaps with bigger brakes and better Tyres, and the little benefits of HUD and heated seats or whatever... rant end/. At least in the US "premium" is a more adequate word.

Sunstorm

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm one of them 😅 (non Pro)

This might sound silly but it genuinely pisses me off, the reason I didn't get the Pro is because I think the choice of wording is absolutely ridiculous.

Aa far as I know the "Pro" has 0% performance improvements what so ever, if anything, it weighs more.

The word "Pro" would have suggested something similar to "competition" on an M car, perhaps with bigger brakes and better Tyres, and the little benefits of HUD and heated seats or whatever... rant end/. At least in the US "premium" is a more adequate word.
Hey no judgement here :D, i'm one of the few that owns a Convenience package GR Yaris, rather than everyone else going for the Circuit.

cowboyjon

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FK8
There's been at least two or three brand new cars for sale on Autotrader the last month or so. You may not be able to order one direct from Toyota anymore but they are still finding their way to dealerships.

Chappers

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR 3.0L Tungsten Silver
There's been at least two or three brand new cars for sale on Autotrader the last month or so. You may not be able to order one direct from Toyota anymore but they are still finding their way to dealerships.
Probably cancelled orders or last of the "new" stock off the boats.

I had a quick nose on the Toyota website and none of the GR models are available at the moment.

We know the GR yaris is getting a revision but other than that nothing else.
Sponsored