Leaking diff?

HACKRCHILD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
Hi all,

looks like I’ve got a leaking differential. I know that a lot of people have them weep a bit as they are quite often overfilled from factory and some comes out of the breather…..

but I’ve had mine a little while and it’s been garaged for a few months. Looks like more than a bit too.

I’ll get it in with Toyota and report back. 2020 3.0 premium.

IMG_4692.jpeg

IMG_4691.jpeg
Sponsored

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
It looks like it's coming from the top, which is where the vent tube (breather) is. Based upon comments by others, if the diff gets hot enough, this is the result. The dealership may check the fluid lever/top it off and clean up the vented oil, then tell you to drive the car for up to 500 miles to see if the leakage returns.
Was there any on your garage floor?

OP
OP
HACKRCHILD

HACKRCHILD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
It looks like it's coming from the top, which is where the vent tube (breather) is. Based upon comments by others, if the diff gets hot enough, this is the result. The dealership may check the fluid lever/top it off and clean up the vented oil, then tell you to drive the car for up to 500 miles to see if the leakage returns.
Was there any on your garage floor?
Well my only concern that it’s not the breather is that it’s been parked in that garage for a couple months, floor was spotless. You can see the damn patch underneath and where excess has ran in the join of the floor mat.

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
I guess I was focusing on the upper areas when I zoomed in. My diff bled out an ounce or two, but that was due to the left axel seal leaking. Most likely, the amount in your mat did not exceed that. If you have ramps, you could back up on them, crawl underneath and place your loved fingers in the vent tube.
Sponsored