State Referee

DEupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 3.0 MT, '23 BRZ, '06 RX-8
@Drnick I got one, I got one finally just heard on Youtube.

As a Kalifornian, here I go......Florida, a sunny state for shady people
Sponsored

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
Ha ha. Yes there are shady people in Florida,but the shady people on the Left Coast
Are holding public office!
Speaking as a Florida native for most of my life I'll say that not all Floridians are shady people but that there are definitely a lot of very shady people holding public office in the Sunshine State.

Back on topic, I'm in for any updates on how Digatron's lawyer is helping him out with his unfortunate encounter and also if there's some news as to his interest in another sporty vehicle (like a CTR or other model) to enjoy in the interim or long term while his Supra gets legally cleared for street duty again šŸ‘

Last edited:
OP
OP
digatron

digatron

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, FA20 wrx
Speaking as a Florida native for most of my life I'll say that not all Floridians are shady people but that there are definitely a lot of very shady people holding public office in the Sunshine State.

Back on topic, I'm in for any updates on how Digatron's lawyer is helping him out with his unfortunate encounter and also if there's some news as to his interest in another sporty vehicle (like a CTR or other model) to enjoy in the interim or long term while his Supra gets legally cleared for street duty again šŸ‘
been installing random parts from sheer boredom. No battery in the car atm, so need to get an antigravity. Just picked up a ctek battery tender so hopefully it doesnā€™t die again.

shopping between ctr, 4Runner, and Tesla model 3.Ideally just replacing my daily that has 80k miles now being only 5 years old.

have yet to find a clean car in this market where the price is good enough. Although, if msrp, boy does a circuit gr corolla daily sound nice.

then the daily gets modded šŸ„¹

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
been installing random parts from sheer boredom. No battery in the car atm, so need to get an antigravity. Just picked up a ctek battery tender so hopefully it doesnā€™t die again.

shopping between ctr, 4Runner, and Tesla model 3.Ideally just replacing my daily that has 80k miles now being only 5 years old.

have yet to find a clean car in this market where the price is good enough. Although, if msrp, boy does a circuit gr corolla daily sound nice.

then the daily gets modded šŸ„¹
I drove a friend's dual motor Long Range Tesla Model 3 recently. Acceleration off the line was satisfying and the handling was surprisingly good but I really felt all of its 4,000+ lbs. I felt like I'd want much stickier high performance tires with good word of mouth rain traction ratings on them. And it felt about as driver-oriented as a computer mouse to me right down to the awful dashboard and glass roof. But it is a comfortable car that certainly delivers as a solid daily. I'm also not sure I'd want to own one out of warranty with Tesla's track record of customer service and restrictions on buying OEM new replacement parts.

The upcoming Toyota, Honda, Hyundai and Porsche (Cayman/Boxster) sportscar EVs may handle overall implementation better.

The CTR and GR Corolla Circuit (or even the upcoming GR Corolla Premium trim) would both get my vote but indeed they're going to be hard to find for MSRP or even only a a couple thousand over. For the Corolla have you tried getting on a deposit list with Longo Toyota? They will honor MSRP sales and are a high volume dealer but I have also heard that their GR wait lists can be long.

There is also a somewhat maintained Google Docs list of dealers nationwide that either work at MSRP, close to MSRP and in some cases will do a purchase out of state. All would involve getting on a deposit waitlist. I had to do the same to get my 86-- any of the GRs that you might find not pre-sold already before they're at the dealer will be marked up usually quite a bit. A waitlist reservation for a GRC at a dealer that will honor reasonable numbers or MSRP with some wait time will be your best bet.

If you need that link I'll try to find it for you if it may help.

Last edited:
OP
OP
digatron

digatron

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, FA20 wrx
I drove a friend's dual motor Long Range Tesla Model 3 recently. Acceleration off the line was satisfying and the handling was surprisingly good but I really felt all of its 4,000+ lbs. I felt like I'd want much stickier high performance tires with good word of mouth rain traction ratings on them. And it felt about as driver-oriented as a computer mouse to me right down to the awful dashboard and glass roof. But it is a comfortable car that certainly delivers as a solid daily. I'm also not sure I'd want to own one out of warranty with Tesla's track record of customer service and restrictions on buying OEM new replacement parts.

The upcoming Toyota, Honda, Hyundai and Porsche (Cayman/Boxster) sportscar EVs may handle overall implementation better.

The CTR and GR Corolla Circuit (or even the upcoming GR Corolla Premium trim) would both get my vote but indeed they're going to be hard to find for MSRP or even only a a couple thousand over. For the Corolla have you tried getting on a deposit list with Longo Toyota? They will honor MSRP sales and are a high volume dealer but I have also heard that their GR wait lists can be long.

There is also a somewhat maintained Google Docs list of dealers nationwide that either work at MSRP, close to MSRP and in some cases will do a purchase out of state. All would involve getting on a deposit waitlist. I had to do the same to get my 86-- any of the GRs that you might find not pre-sold already before they're at the dealer will be marked up usually quite a bit. A waitlist reservation for a GRC at a dealer that will honor reasonable numbers or MSRP with some wait time will be your best bet.

If you need that link I'll try to find it for you if it may help.
when I test drove the model 3 and Y, it makes for a great daily and thatā€™s about it.Itā€™s comfy, tech is decent, but their build quality is quite interesting.

I paid 2k over for my 22 BRZ, and itā€™s a fun twisties car. Miss the light weight cars sometimes haha.

thanks for the tip on Longo! Iā€™ll check it out for sure! Donā€™t mind waiting either. Still very interested in an overland build with a 4Runner for Tacoma since Iā€™ve been going to a bunch of national parks as of recent and want to get into short lived off grid relaxing days.

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
when I test drove the model 3 and Y, it makes for a great daily and thatā€™s about it.Itā€™s comfy, tech is decent, but their build quality is quite interesting.

I paid 2k over for my 22 BRZ, and itā€™s a fun twisties car. Miss the light weight cars sometimes haha.

thanks for the tip on Longo! Iā€™ll check it out for sure! Donā€™t mind waiting either. Still very interested in an overland build with a 4Runner for Tacoma since Iā€™ve been going to a bunch of national parks as of recent and want to get into short lived off grid relaxing days.
I hear you on the Tesla build quality. There's a lot of hit and miss in those cars. Their charging infrastructure is, on the other hand, pretty reliable. But maybe that's because until now only Tesla models could use it.

Longo should be a good bet in southern California especially if you're near Los Angeles. You'll have some wait time for sure but from all I've heard to date they're said to be very fair and easy to work with on price and purchase/financing.

I"m not sure if Toyota has upped production numbers for 2024 on the GR Corolla from last year's 6,500 total unit cap for the U.S. That one is probably going to have the longest wait still.

If you'd mentioned before that you had a '22 BRZ I didn't see it. Nice! They are certainly fun lightweight handlers.

You can't go wrong with a good 4Runner or Tacoma. I believe Toyota even released a new 6-speed M/T Tacoma for 2024.

There is also the new Land Cruiser which is finally a bit smaller than the previous enormous 300 Series.

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 CU Later Grey, 2015 Taccoma, 2013 A

Sorry to revive a thread from late 2023. I have had an ARK exhaust with a catted high flow downpipe for about a year and I got pulled over by Newport Beach PD for a fix it ticket. What do you think is the max HP we can push on the stock exhausts? I'm considering going back to stock exhaust.

PowerGetter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24' 45th Anni Supra 3.0 6MT, 23' Subaru Ascent
Sorry to revive a thread from late 2023. I have had an ARK exhaust with a catted high flow downpipe for about a year and I got pulled over by Newport Beach PD for a fix it ticket. What do you think is the max HP we can push on the stock exhausts? I'm considering going back to stock exhaust.
Yup, I got pulled over in Newport Beach with a stock exhaust LOL. I was in sport mode and the cop said it sounded louder than it normally is stock. Told him I'm 100% stock (except for suspension stuff)... he let me go.

But to answer your question regarding stock exhaust and horsepower; I don't know, but I've seen people around here and reddit using the stock exhaust (with a downpipe though) at the 500+ HP mark.

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yup, I got pulled over in Newport Beach with a stock exhaust LOL. I was in sport mode and the cop said it sounded louder than it normally is stock. Told him I'm 100% stock (except for suspension stuff)... he let me go.

But to answer your question regarding stock exhaust and horsepower; I don't know, but I've seen people around here and reddit using the stock exhaust (with a downpipe though) at the 500+ HP mark.
That's what I keep reading as far as ranges as well. I want to sell my ARK Exhaust which I have barely had for 2k miles, garage kept car. Once I put back on the stock exhaust, I would unlock with Femto (undecided between MHD+ or BM3) and the most I would ever do is an OTS Stage 2 with E30 or maybe E50 tune one day. I don't see myself upgrading to a top mount turbo or anything extreme like that. I'm wondering if the stock exhaust could handle what I mentioned.

OP
OP
digatron

digatron

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, FA20 wrx
I run Catless downpipe and Oem exhaust now. You can do the typical e50 tune and make 500 and still be quiet when you need to be

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I run Catless downpipe and Oem exhaust now. You can do the typical e50 tune and make 500 and still be quiet when you need to be
Thatā€™s the direction Iā€™m going in as we speak. About to take off my mint condition ARK DT-S exhaust in order to put back on the oem. Iā€™m going to use the money I get back from the sale of the ARK exhaust to unlock with Fenton. Better than looking over my shoulder everywhere I drive due to the burn exhaust tips.

Davidr3

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thatā€™s the direction Iā€™m going in as we speak. About to take off my mint condition ARK DT-S exhaust in order to put back on the oem. Iā€™m going to use the money I get back from the sale of the ARK exhaust to unlock with Fenton. Better than looking over my shoulder everywhere I drive due to the burn exhaust tips.
Also what I did, AWE Exhaust + Catless DP got me a ticket. Sold the exhaust kept the DP then got femto unlocked

OP
OP
digatron

digatron

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, FA20 wrx
unfortunately my car still sticks out like a sore thumb. But that should avoid any noise related incidents

IMG_4556.jpeg

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
unfortunately my car still sticks out like a sore thumb. But that should avoid any noise related incidents

IMG_4556.jpeg
Lookin good! I hope they donā€™t come to the track and come get ya šŸ˜±
Sponsored