Toyota Supra Connect App

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
Since Toyota Australia don't see fit to provide us with the Toyota Supra Connect app in Australia, does anybody know if the My BMW app will connect to our cars?

Or is there any other way to access the Toyota Supra Connect app features?
Sponsored

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I am one of the few that can use the BMW iphone app to locate my car, honk the horn, look at the miles, lock or unlock the doors. So I guess it’s nice. But the dealer had to set it up before hand. Unlock or do something. Then use the BMW Supra only version app.

I called for help on my 1st Supra and Toyota didn’t know how to set it up. They had me download the wrong app, then found out the dealer needed to setup the location service before I took delivery, and the list goes on. I gave up. On that particular car.

So be proactive like that weird license plate y’all have up front. Tell them to turn on location services and activate the “Supra” app. Maybe they’ll understand how to set you up better there.

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
I am one of the few that can use the BMW iphone app to locate my car, honk the horn, look at the miles, lock or unlock the doors. So I guess it’s nice. But the dealer had to set it up before hand. Unlock or do something. Then use the BMW Supra only version app.

I called for help on my 1st Supra and Toyota didn’t know how to set it up. They had me download the wrong app, then found out the dealer needed to setup the location service before I took delivery, and the list goes on. I gave up. On that particular car.

So be proactive like that weird license plate y’all have up front. Tell them to turn on location services and activate the “Supra” app. Maybe they’ll understand how to set you up better there.
Hmm.. So you use the My BMW app with your Supra after the dealer did some voodoo behind the scenes?

Interesting!

Also, is there a reason you chose not to use the Toyota app as you are in the US?

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Hmm.. So you use the My BMW app with your Supra after the dealer did some voodoo behind the scenes?

Interesting!

Also, is there a reason you chose not to use the Toyota app as you are in the US?
Sorry I wasn’t more specific.

I just looked on my phone and it’s called: Toyota Supra Connect. It’s a BMW app with the Toyota name, I was told. It’s the only one that worked. My sales guy about 8 months ago happened to be really into it. That is likely why mine is set up properly. Registering the car, accepting the ability to track my car, signing something allowing them to track my car, that kinda thing. I do remember it because he said I’d have to accept the tracking or it wouldn’t work.

Hope that helps brother!

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
I just looked on my phone and it’s called: Toyota Supra Connect. It’s a BMW app with the Toyota name, I was told. It’s the only one that worked.
Thanks. Unfortunately that app isn't available here. I was hoping maybe we could trick the BMW app which is available, into working with our Supras. Probably not but I thought I'd see if it had been done.

DVK

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 GT86 GTS, 2012 GT86 GT 2023 GR Supra GTS
Thanks. Unfortunately that app isn't available here. I was hoping maybe we could trick the BMW app which is available, into working with our Supras. Probably not but I thought I'd see if it had been done.
How did you go with this? Any joy?