Battery replacement on new LE 2020?

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I understand it is a feature on the Supra Connect app. I am still waiting for my account to be set up by the dealer so I can't comment on it.
I don't think it is. I don't see anything battery related at all in the app at all.
Sponsored

MyCorolla

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ICE
I don't think it is. I don't see anything battery related at all in the app at all.
This is from the fine print on the eBrochure.

14. Remote Maintenance Battery Guard is not available on Supra vehicles with a 6.5-in. display screen. Includes 4-year trial period for Battery Guard and 2 years for Roadside Assistance. Enrollment in paid subscription required upon expiration of trial period. Services depend on an operative telematics device, a cellular connection, and other factors, all of which can limit system functionality or availability. Roadside Assistance does not include parts and fluids, except emergency fuel delivery. Services may vary by region and are subject to change at any time without notice. Data charges may apply. For service details and limitations, see your Owner’s Manual or supraconnect.com.

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Was told about Roadside Assistance during the purchase but not Battery Guard. :dunno:

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Logged into Supra connect through the web and didn’t see anything there either.

31E6C573-F9EB-4521-80B7-C013C1E72660.jpeg

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Logged into Supra connect through the web and didn’t see anything there either.

31E6C573-F9EB-4521-80B7-C013C1E72660.jpeg
I seem to remember it's the "Remote Maintenance", but I can't remember where I read that. It only sends you a warning if your battery level drops below a certain level, not like it shows you your current charge state. I'll see if I can dig up the documentation on it.

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I seem to remember it's the "Remote Maintenance", but I can't remember where I read that. It only sends you a warning if your battery level drops below a certain level, not like it shows you your current charge state. I'll see if I can dig up the documentation on it.
Oh, interesting. When I was at the dealer recently, they said that they tested my battery and it was fine but they had 3 other Supras come in that month and their battery needed replacements. So I thought maybe Toyota came up with some app so this battery guard perked my interest. Who knows.

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Oh, interesting. When I was at the dealer recently, they said that they tested my battery and it was fine but they had 3 other Supras come in that month and their battery needed replacements. So I thought maybe Toyota came up with some app so this battery guard perked my interest. Who knows.
Yeah, I don't think it's very sophisticated. I'm sure it's just the BMW iDrive system taking a low battery alert and sending out to your phone or something like that.

Like many folks, my car had the "Replace Battery" warning on when I test drove it. My dealership replaced the battery before I even set up my Supra Connect stuff, so I don't know exactly how it "warns" you or at what point it "warns" you. I've been pretty anal about keeping my battery healthy.

thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NONE. BOUGHT BACK - 2020 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
I understand it is a feature on the Supra Connect app. I am still waiting for my account to be set up by the dealer so I can't comment on it.
Jeez. My dealer made it seem like they had to have the account set up before I took the car... Tell them to get off their asses.

Good to hear they’re adding features to the app though.
Sponsored