Car Cover

First Name
Carole
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 19 ZL-1
I just received my 2020 Supra back from being ceramic coated and would like to find a sturdy car cover. Does anyone have any recommendations? My son-in-law has filled the garage with junk from his divorce. I appreciate it.
Sponsored

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Who cares about a son-in-law stuff from divorce. I'd get a dump bin and just toss it all out, bill the kid, and park freshly detailed Supra inside.

Reactions: zrk
OP
OP
First Name
Carole
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 19 ZL-1
Who cares about a son-in-law stuff from divorce. I'd get a dump bin and just toss it all out, bill the kid, and park freshly detailed Supra inside.
Quite. We will be having a chin wag this weekend. The ZL-1 is in the other bay and I am sucking hind tit until I throw a fit. Thank you for setting me straight.

dzeleski

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2017 Tacoma
Covers largely do more damage then they protect. Especially if used outside. Indoor soft covers should only be used if the car is cleaned immediately before putting the cover on.

If the car is even slightly dirty the cover will act like sand paper against the paint.

For winter storage I use a carcovers satin cover but I was the car before storage and it stays covered until the next season.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
From my experience, I covered my daily driver (2019 WRX) for over 1.5 years during the pandemic using a semi-custom outdoor cover by carcovers.com and there was no scuffing on the car after those many months. I use the gust guard to make sure the cover did not fly off during storms. The car is parked outdoors 24/7.

I took the cover off every 6months to pressure up the tires, freshen the fuel (had Stabil360), but in total it was under the cover for more than 1.5 years. No issue.
Sponsored