Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 MT, 1997 sc300 5 Speed
No they specifically said that they had sold all the fy24 allocations already. I’m sure they will get a few 25s.

It makes one curious why they are ramping production down (1/2 normal number built in 23) when demand seems to be there. Is it a magna steyr thing, Toyota or BMW. Toyota like to make less than demand but running out of cars in December for the rest of the year is crazy. That said they sell so few cars there that a minor underestimation could account for the shortfall.

Assuming that 25 is it for the Supra and Z4, I can’t help but thing the Z4 with a 6speed will be an incredibly rare car.

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
What transmission leak? Should i have heard of this issue?
My 2024 45th Anniv with 740 miles on the odometer is sidelined for potentially over one month, due to a differential leak. Apparently, tools and parts take a long time to ship and be received. So I wait........

Sunstorm

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Yaris, A90 Edition Supra
It's a shame there are no Toyota GR models for sale now. I think that leaves the FL5 Type R as the only Japanese performance car you can now buy new and even that is limited stock I see.

[Edit] Seems like the LC and RC F are still available from Lexus.

There was never a huge demand for the Supra here it seems, with around a 1000 sold since it was released. Around the same as the GR86 sold in it's limited run.

Info from https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?q=Toyota+Supra&commit=Search,

Looks like only 33 Manual Supras were sold?

Last edited:

Mauiboy406

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16 Tundra, 23 Sienna, 24 Supra-allocation pending
I have no factual evidence of this, but has UK implemented any new or increased import fees?
Since the Supra is such a low peoduxtion car globally, it may be less profitable to ship the cars there and imstead Toyota is shifting those allocations to other parts of the world. Just a thought.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
I have no factual evidence of this, but has UK implemented any new or increased import fees?
Since the Supra is such a low peoduxtion car globally, it may be less profitable to ship the cars there and imstead Toyota is shifting those allocations to other parts of the world. Just a thought.
Don't quote me but aren't more brexit import rules being rolled out next year 2024?

BrettMRC

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, Defender, Rx400h
Most of the issues are emissions related, nothing to do with volume.

The LC500 is gone now, the RC-F is still available but I suspect that will change in early 2024 too.

It's a shame there are no Toyota GR models for sale now. I think that leaves the FL5 Type R as the only Japanese performance car you can now buy new and even that is limited stock I see.

[Edit] Seems like the LC and RC F are still available from Lexus.

There was never a huge demand for the Supra here it seems, with around a 1000 sold since it was released. Around the same as the GR86 sold in it's limited run.

Info from https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?q=Toyota+Supra&commit=Search,

Looks like only 33 Manual Supras were sold?
The V5 doesn't state anything specific for the manual, and they were available as Pro and standard spec - so hard to determine total number of manuals sold.

I'll drop Toyota UK a line and see what they say...

Sunstorm

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Most of the issues are emissions related, nothing to do with volume.

The LC500 is gone now, the RC-F is still available but I suspect that will change in early 2024 too.
Are the emissions judged across the entire range? Or divided by all cars sold?

I never get how emission regulations apparently kill off smaller Japanese hot hatches or sports cars here in the UK, yet the big German brands can release another heavy, V8 or V6 powered SUV seemingly every other month.

Take BMW with 14/15 M variants of their cars and SUVs available. Both Mercedes and Audi also have a similar number of AMG and S/RS models available.

Are other brands just better at getting accreditation for their performance models than say Toyota, Honda or Nissan?

BrettMRC

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Are the emissions judged across the entire range? Or divided by all cars sold?

I never get how emission regulations apparently kill off smaller Japanese hot hatches or sports cars here in the UK, yet the big German brands can release another heavy, V8 or V6 powered SUV seemingly every other month.

Take BMW with 14/15 M variants of their cars and SUVs available. Both Mercedes and Audi also have a similar number of AMG and S/RS models available.

Are other brands just better at getting accreditation for their performance models than say Toyota, Honda or Nissan?
I think there is certainly an element of that, as a rule the Japanese manufacturers seem less inclined to game the system. I also suspect that Toyota has deliberately restricted the sale numbers, as they have with the GR Yaris & GR86 to drive demand and pricing.
Ultimately, especially with things like the LC500 & RC-F, they are always going to be victims of both emissions and noise legislation... they don't even have stop start on the LC! 😂

Sunstorm

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think there is certainly an element of that, as a rule the Japanese manufacturers seem less inclined to game the system. I also suspect that Toyota has deliberately restricted the sale numbers, as they have with the GR Yaris & GR86 to drive demand and pricing.
Ultimately, especially with things like the LC500 & RC-F, they are always going to be victims of both emissions and noise legislation... they don't even have stop start on the LC! 😂
Not having stop start could be seen as a selling point, considering I always turn it off in my cars when I start them up haha

The Yaris has certainly sold well and would continue doing well I think if they had more to sell.

I read somewhere the GR86 was limited numbers due to it not being able to meet the next round of pedestrian safety regulations due to the low front end. But again, you see other sports cars being sold so I'm not sure if that's true.

BrettMRC

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just had this through from Toyota customer services, may be of interest:

In answer to your question, there were around 60-70 manual Supras sold in 2023, and just under 200 Supras total.

It's interesting that they can't put a definite number on it, and also they didn't include 2022 either. (You'd have to assume more manuals were sold in 2022, unless ones like mine were just the first batch of demonstrators?)

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
Wow thanks for sharing very interesting!

Well, my Manual Supra was apparently the 3rd one or so registered in the whole country after release, it was built Aug-22 and delivered end of Sept-22.

If they sold about 70 manuals in all of 2023 we can assume perhaps around 25-30-ish in 2022 Q4? (This accounts for extra pre-orders built up).

That makes it very rare, *on paper*...

However, what I can say, and it goes against what I hear a lot on this forum, the car is just not desirable, and resale is piss poor.

I have been getting quotes from different dealers for a month, and all of them are shit, nowhere near where I wanted/thought it would be, even given the rarity/color/low mileage of mine, in the UK. 🫣 might be different in US...
Sponsored