Error 803211 (Parking system Malfunction)

Echo_26

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK V Supra
Hey guys,

I was driving the Supra today when out of no where on a red light I got a parking system malfunction warning and now my parking sensors look like the picture.

I ran BimmerLink and the code that I got back w

-803211 (Ultrasonic sensor rear middle left data line: short circuit to ground)

-D4167B (Message error (request activation of parking 2 function, ID: RQ_ACTVN_FN_PKG_2) - timeout) whatever this means lol

any idea what this could be? Tryna see if it’s an easy fix before I go to Toyota since I have a trip coming up.

Thanks!!

image.jpg
Sponsored

b58naki

First Name
Narcis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 m340i xi
dealing with same issues lmk if you get it fixed

SupraTR

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 Premium; Mazda CX-5
Curious if any one has managed to fix yet? Mine occurs in a different manner where 90% of the time when I first put the car into reverse I'll get the parking sensor malfunction warning. I haven't ran bimmerlink codes to see if it spits out a specific sensor to go searching out but seeing I started having the issue with maybe 1500 miles on it I have a feeling its software driven.

I recall when I researched this issue a while back someone fixed it by updating iStep. Which if I had a non-work laptop I'd take a shot at myself.

Roadrunner

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra mkv mt
Curious if any one has managed to fix yet? Mine occurs in a different manner where 90% of the time when I first put the car into reverse I'll get the parking sensor malfunction warning. I haven't ran bimmerlink codes to see if it spits out a specific sensor to go searching out but seeing I started having the issue with maybe 1500 miles on it I have a feeling its software driven.

I recall when I researched this issue a while back someone fixed it by updating iStep. Which if I had a non-work laptop I'd take a shot at myself.
Did you ever get this fixed?

SupraTR

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 Premium; Mazda CX-5
Did you ever get this fixed?
Nope - haven't messed with, still hoping someone chimes in with a solution sooner than later. I'd give iStep update a shot, but all I have is my work laptop so not super motivated, yet.
Sponsored