stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra A90 Edition
I haven’t found much information on this topic but I know it can be done because I have seen it on Vehicle Viral’s channel.

That being said what are the thoughts on tuning top mount turbo kits with external wastegates using MHD or BM3 given that there’s no port injection or flex fuel.

Just a 93 octane tune with stock fueling.
Sponsored

OP
OP
stormgreysupra

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
So after talking to some people it can be done for sure. It would either un on waste gate spring pressure or if you have reflex, that could also control the boost separately.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Definitely can be done but 99% of the people with big top mount turbo systems want to run a ton more power like 650 + hp. Doesn’t make a lot of sense to run a nice turbo set up and just use 93 octane gas and run it under 600hp. Waste of money. Higher octane gas or flex fuel allows more safety on the motor to be run on higher boost and less stress on the motor.

A91rookie

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021supra
I haven’t found much information on this topic but I know it can be done because I have seen it on Vehicle Viral’s channel.

That being said what are the thoughts on tuning top mount turbo kits with external wastegates using MHD or BM3 given that there’s no port injection or flex fuel.

Just a 93 octane tune with stock fueling.
Like mentioned above definitely would be a waste money just to run 93 on a top mount. Plus even if you didn’t want to run a PI it’s still recommended to do so on a top mount system at least that what I’ve been told by a few guys that are running top mounts. Now I’m running MHD NOW with a stock set up and FBO I’m actually switching to ECUTEK reason is way more things one can do with ECUTEK then with MHD IMO.

OP
OP
stormgreysupra

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
Thanks guys, that’s exactly what I’m looking for!

i just want to be able use my turbo kit until I save enough money to do port injection, lpfp, flex fuel, built transmission, and axles.

superd6199

First Name
Dang
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra Edition, RC-F, CT200h F-Sport, GS350 F-Sport, Integra Type R
I’m on a full race 6 port top mount turbo w/duel mechanical wastegates, PI 1300 injectors, LPFP and E85 tuned on a bm3. You might be limited to a tuner but it can be done.

OP
OP
stormgreysupra

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
I’m on a full race 6 port top mount turbo w/pi, LPFP and E85 tuned on a bm3. You might be limited to a tuner but it can be done.
is the Pi controlled by Reflex? Does reflex have integration with BM3 or it’s just controlling it without Can Bus?

superd6199

First Name
Dang
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra Edition, RC-F, CT200h F-Sport, GS350 F-Sport, Integra Type R
PI is controlled with Reflex and Reflex is controlled separately from BM3.

OP
OP
stormgreysupra

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
PI is controlled with Reflex and Reflex is controlled separately from BM3.
got it. And driveability is good? Like it feels smooth? That’s the only thing I’m worried about with external wastegates.

OP
OP
stormgreysupra

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
What about a manual boost controller setup?
the motiv reflex box can take care of boost control. But for pump gas only I think there’s no point. Boost will be very low so wastegate springs should be fine is what I’ve been told

TheShortGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Dodge 3500
You could also switch out the springs to reach whatever your desired pressure is I suppose.

OP
OP
stormgreysupra

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
You could also switch out the springs to reach whatever your desired pressure is I suppose.
that’s what I plan on doing until I get my motiv setup with flex fuel and port injection.

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Tungsten Supra 3.0 Premium
You wont have any issues with what you want done as long as everything is set up properly. I know you said you have turbo kit available to you so let me know when you the the EBCS for reflex and the reflex if you dont have it :) Both in stock

OP
OP
stormgreysupra

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
You wont have any issues with what you want done as long as everything is set up properly. I know you said you have turbo kit available to you so let me know when you the the EBCS for reflex and the reflex if you dont have it :) Both in stock
All I have is the reflex box, but I will still need a plug and play harness for port injection and flex fuel, flex fuel sensor, as well as the port injection kit itself. If you have those I have them planned for the future :)
Sponsored