Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Tungsten Supra 3.0 Premium
All I have is the reflex box, but I will still need a plug and play harness for port injection and flex fuel, flex fuel sensor, as well as the port injection kit itself. If you have those I have them planned for the future :)
co9zj2qhsnkfvc8c52yfqon4k03pq3i6mghjgnvd&rid=giphy.gif
Sponsored

superd6199

First Name
Dang
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra Edition, RC-F, CT200h F-Sport, GS350 F-Sport, Integra Type R
got it. And driveability is good? Like it feels smooth? That’s the only thing I’m worried about with external wastegates.
Smooth and strong! External wastegates are more reliable at big boost compared to internals. Internal wastegate are having issues with not holding boost and at times inconsistent. Probably not an issue if you’re going with a turbo like pure or CTS style.

zvrlry

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 supra
I wanna know how people are controlling boost with big turbos. I was gonna use a 3 port boost controller with something like G Force 3 electric boost controller. Is it possible to do a map of boost over the torque so it’s not all at once when launching etc. I also heard of motiv but I want to stay clear of it if I can.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
I wanna know how people are controlling boost with big turbos. I was gonna use a 3 port boost controller with something like G Force 3 electric boost controller. Is it possible to do a map of boost over the torque so it’s not all at once when launching etc. I also heard of motiv but I want to stay clear of it if I can.
The GFB GF3 does not hold a candle to what you can do with the reflex and MHD+ and Ecutek integration. I'm unsure why you want to stay clear of the the Motiv Reflex when that is whats used across the board.

Leave the GF3 and just get the Reflex and MHD+ and you can do boost control, port injection and etc all via the DME.

zvrlry

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 supra
I’m not using port injection and never plan on running on the motiv just seems overcomplicated and a waste to me. I’m also using bm3.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
I’m not using port injection and never plan on running on the motiv just seems overcomplicated and a waste to me. I’m also using bm3.
depending on what you want to do the GF3 will work for a basic controller. you will not be able to have any boost by gear settings with it because it is not integrated into anything with the DME. and it doesnt have gear inputs anyway. you want a cheap boost controller that will give you a smoothflat boost curve. it will work. But if you want any RPM ramping, throttle input control, gear boost and torque by gear, its not it.

you need something that ties into the DME or at a least a boost controller with gear input or maybe speed since you can kind roughly tell it gear based on max speed, but its not perfect.

You asked for a solution, i gave it to you. Reflex is not compatible with BM3, but it can do what you want just will need to be tuned separately. The maxxecu is something thta has some integration with BM3 which could help with what you are asking. or wait until they release theirRev2 box for Bm3.

regardless, the GF3 will not do what you are asking.

zvrlry

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 supra
depending on what you want to do the GF3 will work for a basic controller. you will not be able to have any boost by gear settings with it because it is not integrated into anything with the DME. and it doesnt have gear inputs anyway. you want a cheap boost controller that will give you a smoothflat boost curve. it will work. But if you want any RPM ramping, throttle input control, gear boost and torque by gear, its not it.

you need something that ties into the DME or at a least a boost controller with gear input or maybe speed since you can kind roughly tell it gear based on max speed, but its not perfect.

You asked for a solution, i gave it to you. Reflex is not compatible with BM3, but it can do what you want just will need to be tuned separately. The maxxecu is something thta has some integration with BM3 which could help with what you are asking. or wait until they release theirRev2 box for Bm3.

regardless, the GF3 will not do what you are asking.
Awesome thanks for the concise answer, you answered everything I was wondering appreciate it !
Sponsored