HUD availability

Fordracefan

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Panamera
I’m looking at a new 2023 3.0 Premium Supra that is being delivered to the dealer. I’ve asked for the windows sticker and it doesn’t show the HUD. The dealer says it doesn’t have it and can’t find any other Supras in transit that do either. Is this correct? I thought this was standard on the Premium.
Also, it looks like inventory is limited right now. Do we expect that to pick up as we are gaining into spring? Or do we think it will continue to be limited inventory?
Sponsored

DrSupra

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT
That was my understanding that it was standard in the premium and that was one of the things that sets it apart from the base model along with the slightly larger rear brakes. Or at least that's what I thought. My premium has that and I'd have to look at the sticker but I know it's not listed under options, May be under standard equipment.

For what it's worth, I like the HUD but it generally just displays speed and speed limit in most situations. It's not like cars like the Corvette/Camaro where you can have it display RPM, a G meter, and other things. In other words, I wouldn't miss it too terribly having had it.

It does seem like the dealers are getting more...or at least it seems thats my anecdotal experience since I bought mine. I keep getting calls from dealers saying they have one coming in.

mwilkinson

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra and 1996 Supra (J-Spec RZ)
I was speaking to a BMW dealer here in the UK in May 2022 and they told me that later in 2022 BMW were dropping the HUD on all models, others than the M models.

No idea if this has happened, if it's a UK or Euro thing only, or if it would apply to the Supra.

But it sounds suitably coincidental.

No doubt someone with some real knowledge can assist.

djmad

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ Supra MT, 07’ 328i MT, 20’ Civic AT
1674871528367.png

Can confirm it definitely does on the Premium. For me this was a must as well as the Apple carplay.

OP
OP

Fordracefan

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Panamera
1674871528367.png

Can confirm it definitely does on the Premium. For me this was a must as well as the Apple carplay.
Thanks everyone! I saw this on the Toyota Website as well, but thought it should have been a check mark and not an O.
Dealer dug into it further. It doesn't show up on the build sheets, but it does show up on the window sticker. Time to see if we can come up with a price.

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
In my opinion, the HUD is pretty bad. It's not terrible, but it could've been WAY better. It only shows speed, it's pretty small and the fact that it's not centralized with the steering wheel bothers me. Is there a purpose for this?

Also, when you wear polarized glasses, you can barely see it.

I almost never use it. If I ever upgrade to a newer Supra, I wouldn't really care much if it doesn't have it

djmad

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
In my opinion, the HUD is pretty bad. It's not terrible, but it could've been WAY better. It only shows speed, it's pretty small and the fact that it's not centralized with the steering wheel bothers me. Is there a purpose for this?

Also, when you wear polarized glasses, you can barely see it.

I almost never use it. If I ever upgrade to a newer Supra, I wouldn't really care much if it doesn't have it
To me it's not that bad compared to other BMW and Audi HUDs I've driven.

I believe you can move around HUD in the vehicle or system settings, I can't recall. You may be limited to how far you can shift it though since there still needs to be room for when you're toggling through your music from the steering wheel. I left mine as is, but might change it in the future to mess around with it.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

MoTeC_R

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 & 2022 A91-CF
1674871528367.png

You can pay $200 and code car play in for those that are wanting just the CarPlay added.

I really don’t know why they add the nav in anymore. You have to pay every year to keep it updated and it’s not as nice as CarPlay maps or Google maps is what I prefer within CarPlay. I never use my on board nav app.

djmad

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You can pay $200 and code car play in for those that are wanting just the CarPlay added.
I should've did that to save $$, but I was really hoping the premium sound system would've been better than what it is.

TBH though, I tend to have the music very low or off while I'm driving this car so getting the base probably would've been better for me.

MoTeC_R

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 & 2022 A91-CF
I should've did that to save $$, but I was really hoping the premium sound system would've been better than what it is.

TBH though, I tend to have the music very low or off while I'm driving this car so getting the base probably would've been better for me.
Yes I understand where you’re coming from. I started enjoying music more since I can voice command via Apple Music in my car any artist or song from the entire apple library on demand. The premium sound isn’t that much better. I did add the Bavsound subs to the “premium audio” and it does make the bass more present (+12db boost) but for the price of these cars the stereo should be much more impressive than it is out if the box.

JTN

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nitro Yellow
To me it's not that bad compared to other BMW and Audi HUDs I've driven.

I believe you can move around HUD in the vehicle or system settings, I can't recall. You may be limited to how far you can shift it though since there still needs to be room for when you're toggling through your music from the steering wheel. I left mine as is, but might change it in the future to mess around with it.
I had to raise mine up one or two ticks as it was getting cut off at the bottom. I'm not sure you can move it side to side though, I only remember seeing the ability to raise or lower it and for some weird reason rotate it right or left.

I also find the HUD to be not terrible... however this is the first car I've owned that has a HUD so I don't exactly have a deep pool of references to compare it to. It does seem very minimalistic though, but that doesn't bother me. If I had a complaint it would be the prime complaint it seems everyone has with the HUD... no tach. I'd gladly sacrifice the speed limit notification for a tach. Yes HUD, I'm aware I'm speeding.

somekindafuzz

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
It also shows frontal crash warnings, alerts, cruise control info, and lets you scroll through music to change the song. Maybe some other stuff too but I can’t think of it off the top of my head. It’s definitely more than just speed ( and I turned off the speed limit sign). Still, rpm would be helpful.
Sponsored