Installed ram air snorkel, now getting warning errors

Foung Lee

First Name
Foung
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Premium V6
I installed a ram air snorkel. I put the 2022 Supra on a ramp and unhooked the battery. I then removed the front bumper and installed the ram air snorkel. It required cutting out a plastic piece for the air duct to be routed. After the installation I rehooked the battery and have been driving the car over a couple hundred miles.
The initial warning error is
Reduced driver assistance
Pedestrian Warning
Frontal collision warning
Adaptive Cruise Warning

I also noticed cruise control is not responding and is not able to be used.

My question is how do I get rid of the warning and is it possible I might have damaged the wiring near the cut out plastic with the multitool? I have researched and on the bumper itself on some BMW there are fiber optic glass that is part of the pedestrian collision system.

attached is the wiring cable that I am concern about and if there is any knowledge if fiber optic may be wrapped with the wiring

IMG_1333.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP

Foung Lee

First Name
Foung
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Premium V6
Yes. I carefully disconnected the cabling on both sides and reattached and made extra effort to get a snug connect when hooking it back up.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Are parking sensors working ok? Sounds like it. So, wiring to those should be good...

Have you checked/damaged/ the radar or it's bracket or wiring ?

Is the bumper aligned/installed properly. Some had difficulty putting it back on...

OP
OP

Foung Lee

First Name
Foung
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Premium V6
Parking sensors are good and working. I think the radar may be the lower passenger square box with QR sticker. It appeared ok.

The bumper is correctly placed with all screws but can be pushed up some more closer toward the car engine. It’s slightly off and can be off by millimeters. I can revisit it and see what I can do with extra hands.

Dr. Supra

First Name
Danyoll
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Nitro Yellow
I installed this couple months ago, I didn't disconnect the battery. I did have parking sensor errors and after driving a bit, it went away

RRF985

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 BMW M550i, 2020 Supra Premium, 2015 991.1
If everything is plugged in, reseat the bumper and then clear the codes and see if they come back.

OP
OP

Foung Lee

First Name
Foung
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Premium V6
I am new to the Supra platform. I can clear codes with read certain codes and clear certain codes dealing with engine management like ( waste gate actuator error). The warning is not showing up in the JB4 management. Are there ways to clear warnings in the diagnostic mode?

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
I am new to the Supra platform. I can clear codes with read certain codes and clear certain codes dealing with engine management like ( waste gate actuator error). The warning is not showing up in the JB4 management. Are there ways to clear warnings in the diagnostic mode?
use a proper scantool.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
What kind of errors did it scan on yours.
"Check Engine"?
A lot of things, but it's not perfect. Faults, codes, whatever. JB4 is better than shitty scanners in that it gives the real hex code and not the generic PXXXX codes. Doesn't catch TCU codes, and I'm not sure whatelse it won't catch.

OP
OP

Foung Lee

First Name
Foung
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Premium V6
No errors. Zero. Just warning and no cruise control. The bottom Infomation is due to me manually disabling the system from troubleshooting
IMG_1375.jpeg

Reduced driver assistance
Pedestrian Warning
Frontal collision warning
Adaptive Cruise Warning

OP
OP

Foung Lee

First Name
Foung
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Premium V6
JB4 has been good catching errors. On a separate install and different bolt on it caught where I did not plug a connector to the actuator in all the way. One of the computer module flagged it and the JB4 was able to detect and erase the errors.

OP
OP

Foung Lee

First Name
Foung
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Premium V6
My main concern is the wiring in the picture. Although the wiring wrap was not punctured, I did tap it a couple of time with the oscillating multitooll when I was cutting out the plastic.
If this wire wrap has a boobie trap fiber optic for collision signal then I am afraid it may be broke.

IMG_1330.jpeg
Sponsored