LED Steering Wheel Install

EldestMKV

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 GR Supra 45th Anniversary
Hey everyone! Just got my steering wheel installed and wanted to make a brief write up about the install difficulties and features on the wheel. I’d be more than happy to answer any questions anyone has but without further ado, here we go!

Firstly the wheel is a custom wheel from @NitroYellowMKV super high quality, definitely an upgrade over OEM. The LED itself has a fair few features as well that can all be adjusted with buttons on the wheel itself. The shift lights can be manually set to come on at your preferred RPM as well as the brightness of the display and units of measurement.

now to the install portion of things. I had a local shop, 1k Motorsports install the wheel for me. They were able to get the wheel itself installed and connected power to the LED on the wheel but were unable to get the Bluetooth OBD to pair. The way I solved the pairing is as follows, (this was on a MT 2024, not sure if it will be different on different models)

make sure that the small obd box is the only thing connected to your obd port. The extra plug that has the black and red wires coming off of it was not needed. When the obd box is plugged in you should be able to see a blue flashing light coming from it. Once this is in hold down both buttons on the wheel to turn on the LED, and then hold down the right button to search for your Bluetooth module. The wheel itself will search for a second or two then pair up.

Once I figured out it was just the module itself that needed to be plugged into the obd2 it was smooth sailing. These were the official steps that were sent to me while troubleshooting.

Here are the official steps :
1.hold down both side buttons and turn off the LED about 15'
2.remove the OBD
3.hold down both side buttons and turn on the LED after 2 min
4. plug the OBD , hold dow the right led buttons

I’ll go ahead and attach some reference pictures but I really hope this helps everyone out! Any questions or anything like that I’ll do my best to answer

IMG_1345.jpeg
IMG_9001.jpeg
IMG_9009.jpeg
IMG_9005.jpeg
Sponsored

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Hey Seth, thank you for the write-up, glad everything went smoothly and glad to see you are enjoying the wheel. The wheel itself came out awesome, I hope more people start pairing LED's with leather/Alcantara, gives it a best of both words look, not as boy racer as the carbon-backed wheels, but still a cool touch, especially for the MT's. Need to post up some sound clips of that new exhaust as well, the AA with the Armytrix is a killer setup!