Matte Paint Protection and maintainence recomendations

Craig172

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi TTS FinalEdition & SupraPro Special Edition
Have now collected my Special edition MT wrapped up in PPF from Topaz front and sides who done a really good job. I have been offered a deal on the GTechniq Crystal Serum Ultra + EXOv5 coating for £360 or is it worth looking at cheaper alternatives, having just forked out 2k plus for PPF

I also started looking for maintainence matte paint shampoos protectors etc and theres quite a range out there. Was thinking of washing it with GTECHNIQ W3 ceramic gwash shampoo seems to have good reviews

Has anyone used Angelwax Luminosity Matte Wax for matte paintwork? there seems to be conflicting opionions on using a wax on a matt car. What have other people found best with their matte supras?

So in short do i go the Ceramic route then use W3 shampoo, or Angelwax or other "sealant" then W3 shampoo?

1715337788250-p0.png

1715337793540-x7.png
Sponsored

Malcolm Feth

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0
For ceramic coating, I strongly recommend Nasiol NL272, the best ceramic coating you can get for your car (it will likely be a bit more expensive than gtechniq, but worth it, with 5 years warranty). I used these too on all of my cars. I had nasiol on my Alpine finished in matt grey paint (if that helps).

If you ceramic-coat your car, all you need is PH neutral shampoo. Just get a good one, nothing fancy, without added weird ceramic, waxed and stuff. Really it won't matter much. Take something that smells nice ;)

If you decide not to ceramic coat, I use for my other car "Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Wash and Wax". I've tested a lot of stuff and this is the best thing I could find. TurtleWax re-done their whole lineup of products and improved a couple years ago. They did a good job.