The European Market Manual Supra has a Lightweight Edition.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0 Premium 2018 Audi A5 SB Prestige

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
I'm sure this is regulatory or cost structure-related being marketed as "lightweight" lmao.

Reactions: zrk

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
Considering I only need to adjust my seat once and I replaced the sound system, this version would have been good.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
So if your supplier can't deliver parts, just remove all of the features and sell it as the Lightweight Edition! :crazy:

PaulFRDE

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Red Supra 3.0 2022, Black BMW 116i 2022
The Euro version is also light on horsepower
Plus we have a particle filter in our exhaust and these are heavy. There is no way the european version is lighter than the international models, electric leather seats or not.

SS09ER

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RS13
I do get that it may be a supply issue that they called it "lightweight" but if i was on the market for a manual i would take that.Never liked leather seats ,never cared for the sound system,just put some alcantara GR Recaro seats as an option and it will be perfect and lighter!!

Elektro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
17 i3 94ah, 22 Supra 2.0
So basically a 2.0 interior
most 2.0 have the jbl steereo unless you special order without it and then lose all the other options too.

2.0 seats dont move electrically but still have electric lumbar and bolster adjustment

"power adjustment and lumbar support are deleted" so I think these are unique seats

SupraBC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 2.0
most 2.0 have the jbl steereo unless you special order without it and then lose all the other options too.

2.0 seats dont move electrically but still have electric lumbar and bolster adjustment

"power adjustment and lumbar support are deleted" so I think these are unique seats
Oh yeah, I forgot the Canadian and US markets are different also in stuff like this.

There's only one 2.0 trim in Canada and we don't get lumbar support or JBL system, tho we get heated seats and all the fancy safety tech standard 🤷‍♂️

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
If this lightweight model been out in the US at launch it would have been the tuners choice, though ironically they would charge more for less haha.

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium
Plus we have a particle filter in our exhaust and these are heavy. There is no way the european version is lighter than the international models, electric leather seats or not.
Nothing can be heavier than my FI exhaust lmao

AMB BA 714

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16' civic
I want to see how hard they push the "lightweight" edition. Can they talk people into paying the same as a std 3.0. Just include the CF mirror caps, and i bet they can. Why not give them an option to remove the passenger seat, no carpeting or sound proofing, and a "raw" finish to save on paint weight?
Sponsored