OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
Some useful info.

Phil
I ain't watching a 10 minute video to do something I already know how to do. Lane assist sucks and I have it turned off.. no downside for me.

I don't have much time for YouTube mechanics who spend ten minutes to fuel views rather than write a simple paragraph. 🤷‍♂️

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
I ain't watching a 10 minute video to do something I already know how to do. Lane assist sucks and I have it turned off.. no downside for me.

I don't have much time for YouTube mechanics who spend ten minutes to fuel views rather than write a simple paragraph. 🤷‍♂️
Why so negative? I happen to feel like you do. I would prefer to read a short instructional paragraph as well. However, some people do better with videos. To each their own.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
was really hoping this video would go into coding so we could CUSTOMIZE the strength curve of the force feedback, rather than just talking over a menu with 4 options 🙄
Are you talking about how much the wheel shakes and pulls you back into the lane? If so these can be changed already.

skyviper80

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 WRX STI, 2020 GR Supra
Is there a way to code out the lane changing shit? I was mess’n around the other day and went to get into another lane and the steering wheel fought back! I was going fast and almost lost control!!
Don't need a code for that. Read your owners manual and turn it off from the vehicle settings menu.

i3igpete

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0L 8AT
Are you talking about how much the wheel shakes and pulls you back into the lane? If so these can be changed already.
are you referring to a configuration that is NOT the early/late setting? if so, I'm all ears.

i3igpete

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0L 8AT
Switch to late and switch wheel vibration to light. Or just turn it all off.
Okay, so it seems like there's some disconnect. I want to adjust the torque response curve as a function of lane offset and lane yaw angle. The early late setting is NOT what I want, choosing between three pre-configured curves is not customization (I thought we were in the bimmercode thread?). Wheel vibration is irrelevant to this discussion for now.

From my experimentation, all settings for the lane departure feel like they get extremely aggressive as you approach the lane lines. I've sketched how I THINK the intervention torque feels to me.

OTOH, from playing with my wife's car, Hyundai seems to have dialed in lane keep assist perfectly. It comes on extra early and gentle, but doesn't fight you if there is a highway lane shift or an angled seam in the pavement. This is illustrated with the red curve here.:

1703969362411.png

Last edited:

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
EVERY TIME I start my car EVERYTHING turns on! It doesn’t save my settings

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Why so negative? I happen to feel like you do. I would prefer to read a short instructional paragraph as well. However, some people do better with videos. To each their own.
Because this post and the video are off topic and other than self promotion, this guy hasn't actually contributed to the thread in any meaningful way.. but whatever.

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra Prem/Assist DS Blue, '16 C7, '22 Mach-E
OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)

Delta1Seven

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0
I had a scare yesterday where i was changing lanes quickly which required me to speed up trying to get to the left lane and when I was doing so I got close to a semi in front of me …well when i did this the auto braking kicked in and when i changed into the fast lane the car was still braking even through acceleration and literally almost caused the car behind me to rear end me because i pulled in the fast lane essentially slowing way down without my control.

my question is (I already searched on here as well as google and other bimmer forums) is there a way to program out the automatic braking in bimmercode? The bimmercode guide here on the forum didnt have it listed when i downloaded it and combed through it

Maybe there's a setting in the infotainment screen?

The only reason I say this is I have never experienced auto braking in my '22. I have had the red alert popup on the HUD a few times, but it never braked for me... maybe I have it turned off? (I know I never made any changes to this in bimmercode so thats why I'm saying maybe its in the iDrive).
Sponsored