The Official Australian WAITING FOR MY SUPRA Thread

GRSoup

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra
Thanks mate. It's increasingly looking like this is (for the moment at least) a Victorian issue because of that stupid new pre-delivery centre.
That makes me sad.

It's done now hahahaha.

But man the colour is fire
Sponsored

GRSoup

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra
I've also put a request in with my dealer in Vic to have mine delivered without the plates, and I'm currently waiting to hear back from them speaking to Toyota. Maybe if enough of us make noise the new centre will change their tune 🤔
All the best for the rest of you that are receiving it.

My dealer emailed them daily and I was told that they didn't do anything to the car, could be a lie hahaha

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
Hi all,

I picked up my 2023 MT Azure Blue GR Supra today, yay.

My licence plate was installed onto the car when I picked it up.

I was told that the pre-delivery didn't touch the car at all. Bugger.

20230420_122646.jpg

20230420_122340.jpg
Looking at this again - they didn't even drill the rear for the numberplate (you have to drill it into the plastic) and almost ALL the factory protective covers are there (nosecone missing)

I am not sure this helps, but one can only hope!

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
Here's my latest communication from Toyota Australia:

This is a case status update from Toyota Australia.
We would like to advise that we are still investigating the concerns that you have raised with our Guest Experience Centre.

When contacting the Toyota Guest Experience Centre you will be required to enter your case reference number, which is included in this message, this will significantly reduce your wait time.

Thank you for your patience, we will be in touch with you shortly.

Regards,
Toyota Australia.
I am optimistic we can beat this in Victoria too but it's just going to take some ruffling of feathers.. which just so happens to be one of my specialized skill. 😂

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
On an Australian Facebook group, it seems there's been at least one Victorian car delivered in April without the number plate mount affixed. I'm going to make some calls during the week to see where things are at. It looks like my dealer maybe just isn't aware that it can be done. 🤷‍♂️

Scuba

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 MT Supra GTS
My dealership came back with "we are the only dealership not using the pre-delivery service" so with any luck it'll come numberplate holder free

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
I got this email this morning.

I've asked for clarification, but hopefully that means Toyota HQ has pushed the change down the line.

I had a dream it was delivered with the plate screwed in, and I just left the car there a few days :lol:

On an Australian Facebook group, it seems there's been at least one Victorian car delivered in April without the number plate mount affixed. I'm going to make some calls during the week to see where things are at. It looks like my dealer maybe just isn't aware that it can be done. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
I'm going to lose my shit if it comes with holes in the bumper to be honest. The more I think about it, the more I want to just defect the car and buy something else, if anything, on general principle.

I have a daily so I'm not desperate for a car and the request isn't exactly unusual or difficult.